Saturday, May 31, 2014

300 (A Video Blog)





The Buddy System Stats:

Pageview chart 12047 pageviews - 299 posts, last published on May 30, 2014

“It's been more than thirty years since the wolf and the winter cold. And now, as then, it is not fear that grips him, only restlessness. A heightened sense of things. The seaborn breeze, coolly, kissing the sweat at his chest and neck. Gulls cawing, complaining, even as they feast on the thousands of floating dead. The steady breathing of the 300 at his back, ready to die for him without a moment's pause. Everyone of them ready, to die.”   Dilios, 300

“I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.”  Michael Jordan

"Unless my arm falls off, I'm not planning on getting this close to 300 wins and shutting it down." — Tom Glavine 

"Yeah, 300 wins is a motivating factor for me to continue to do it, there's no question about it. But the greater motivating factor is that I still enjoy it (pitching), and I feel like I can do it the way I want to do it." — Tom Glavine 

Why is 300 Special? (thank’s for the assist Google)
Bowling a 300 is a perfect game
300 Spartans resisted 1M Persians at the Battle of Thermopylae, it probably didn’t go much like the movie, but the movie was Bad Ass!
The lowest possible Fair Isaac credit score.
In paintball, 300 ft/s is the maximum legal velocity of a shot paintball.
In the Old Testament 300 are the number ancient Israeli Judge Gideon's followers victorious against the Midianites
According to Islamic tradition 300 are the number of ancient Israeli king Thalut's soldiers victorious against Goliath's soldiers
In Islamic history, 300 are the number of Muhammad's followers victorious in the Battle of Badr
300 are the number of families followers of Jewish heretic Sabbatai Zevi forced to convert to Islam by the Ottoman Sultan and became the ancestors of Donmeh
300 wins is Baseball pretty much makes a pitcher Bad Ass, Tommy G, my favorite pitcher of all time is in the 300 club.
.300 is consider a pretty good batting average in baseball.
300 is a weight I would kill to weigh
It is a triangular number and the sum of a pair of twin primes (149 + 151),
Well as the sum of ten consecutive primes (13 + 17 + 19 + 23 + 29 + 31 + 37 + 41 + 43 + 47).


No comments:

Post a Comment