Sunday, October 27, 2013

Santa Barbaratown


After watching an episode an episode of Psych I had the following conversation with Rachel.  For those who don’t know Psych is based on Shawn, a young crime consultant for the Santa Barbara Police Department whose "heightened observational skills" and impressive detective instincts allow him to convince people that he solves cases with psychic abilities along with his sidekick Gus.  Week after week and Shawn and Gus run around Santa Barbara solving crimes while having all types’ shenanigans and hi-jinx.  I have to be honest I think I would be the perfect third man too turn their duo into a trio.  Anyway, the conversation went like this…


“I want to move to Santa Barbara!  I think it would be so awesome to live there”

Rachel says “Um… you know Shawn and Gus aren’t really there.  It’s… Well, Psych, it’s an um a TV show.”  

“No, no, no this is a docudrama or reality TV at the very least.  Just because you don’t believe in psychics doesn’t mean the TV show isn’t real.”

“No Bill… This is a sitcom.  It is a fictional TV show.”

“Whatever, next you are going to tell me that Sammy and Dean aren’t real.”

“Who are Sammy and Dean?”

“Those dudes I always watch on Supernatural, you know that chase ghosts and stuff.”

“No, Bill, that is not reality TV either.  It’s made up.”

“Whatever, this coming from women who thinks sharks are real.”

“SHARKS ARE REAL!”

At this point I have to burst out in laughter.  “WHAT?  Nope, I don’t think they are.  They are a myth.  Thank you.   Just like dragons and unicorns.”

“You’re impossible, here is a picture.”  Shows me a fictious picture on her phone of an animal with really sharp teeth.

“Well, I can show you a picture of me, Shawn, Gus, Sammy, and Dean at Chili’s for my 39th Birthday.”

“Your only 37.”

“So you’re saying there is still time for us all to meet and get fajitas at Chili’s!”

“Sure Bill.”

“You think we will get chips n salsa too?  After all they are bottomless.”

“You’re an idiot!”

“Why?  Because I don’t think you should ever pass up chips in salsa that are bottomless.  Please it would be like going to Red Robin and not ordering bottomless fries.”

“Whatever you say Bill.  I am going to my room.  You are ridiculous.”

“You’re ridiculous!”

No comments:

Post a Comment