Saturday, October 26, 2013

2500 Pyramid

2500 pyramid!

My week ended better than it started. Got some great rest last night. I slept well past noon today. Then I checked in with my friends Shawn and Gus from Pysch and had some laughs. Then I came to the pool. So much for a 7200 meter week. However I am nothing if not adaptable. So, I got to the pool I and the entire thing to myself. That was kick ass. It was really great to be back in my natural habitat with no one else around. After all a black fish needs his space to... Space to what? I don't know i got nothing. So I jumped in the pool and banged out 2500 M pyramid. 

Basically I swam a 100, 200, 300, 400, 500, 400, 300, 200, 100... Thus the pyramid is formed as you build to the peek and then work your way back down. Oh if you don't get it, piss off. 

Another way to say it is I did 100 laps in 91 minutes.. I prefer the geometrical nature of the pyramid though.

A 500 is 20 lengths of the pools. 20 is really hard for me to remember which length I'm on so I have to count it down and what rattles over and over in my head to keep count if laps. Yes welcome to the rat trap...

20 - my age when I decided to study in Europe.

19 - Eddie Dean, Jake, Susannah, Roland, the Ka-tet of 19 and 99... Ka.. Ka-tet... 19 

18 - the age me and my good buddy chip were when the car broke down on the I-70 and our first trip to the adult book store was shut down before it ever really got started.

17 - junior year if high school, broken pinky, becoming a bank tellar... What a shitty year

16 - the year I became licensed! To kill??? No no no to drive

15 - the best summer of my life, the last time I was an all star, and the first time I had a whisky hang over but not the last.

14 - 8th grade. I really hated 8th grade. Then again don't we all hate JR high...

13 - how old I was when I ran my dad's truck into the garage wall. Wouldn't be the last time I hit a wall.

12 - twelve Ajnin Knights that were sentenced to die. For hanis were the crimes of these twelve Methuselah that they were given the ultimate sentence. 

10 - the first year I was an all-star

9 - Nine for the Mortel Men doomed to die.

8 - the elite 8 - got to love the NCAA tourney

7 - seven for the dwarf lords in there halls of stone 

6 - fuck I have nothing for six but damn almost fucking done

5 - golden rings... 5 golden fucking rings. I need something better for five. 

4 - the final four - Hoosier lover basketball.

3 - three elves... Rings tired 

2 - ah the deuce. The greatest of numbers. 

1 - fuck I'm done after this! 

And now you've had a peak behind the curtain.

Today was a good day. 

However things will get darker before they get lighter... 

have tales to spin... And I must face the darkness... Bare with me reader... For it's always darkest before dawn. It's time to deal with the darkness so that we can dance in the dawn!

Billy Burkle Swim for 2,500 m in 01:31:00 at a 00:00:54.6 25 m pace and at 1,648.35 m/hr
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/swim-speeds/id377321607?ls=1&mt=8n

No comments:

Post a Comment