Thursday, October 31, 2013

Happy Halloween!

I so wanted to tell a ghost story today...   i just ran out of time... so what I will say is today is going to be a good day... I am really sore today but it is a good sore, a i really pushed it in the pool sore.  Perhaps the soreness is from be on dry land and out of my natural haibitat.  No, no, the sore is from pushing it last night.  I did push it last night and it was great.  Pool closes at 8 tonight, so I am hoping to get in a swim before then.  I am hoping we can get out of here early enough today to get in an hour in the pool.  It is a beautiful monring in Pleasanton.  Sometimes that is all you can ask for and the thought that today, is a good day.  Even if it is Halloween.

This is how my heros Sammy and Dean say Halloween began.  I choose to believe this becasue this origin sounds so much cooler than the one on the history channels website.

Samhain, also known as the origin of Halloween, is a special type of demon. When he reigned on Earth on Halloween night, people kept their children in that night, they wore masks to hide from him, carved pumpkins to worship him, and left sweets at their doors to appease him. He can be summoned out of the confines of Hell by two witches through three human sacrifices over three days, the last of which must occur on the final day of Celtic harvest, the 31st of October, the American Halloween. This ritual can only be attempted every six-hundred years. Once Samhain rises, he is able to summon ghosts, zombies, and ghouls from the depths of the Pit (Hell) and unleash these morbid entities on the world. He was released centuries ago but was exorcised by an unknown force, sending him back down to Hell.


Still trying to think of a ghost story...  i got nothing today....  guess my imagination is not on-demand. 

No comments:

Post a Comment