Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Tis the Season?


I am trying.  Really, I am trying to find the Holiday spirit.  Ever since I can remember the day everyone now calls Black Friday was the kick off to the new Holiday Season in the house that the end of Sycamore Knolls.  There was never anything black about it in my mind.  Christmas used to be my favorite time of year and I was always full of holiday cheer.  However, the years have harden me I guess, and the Christmas spirit has turned into just another reminder that it isn’t summer anymore, and it gets dark and stays dark a lot longer.   And no matter how hard I have tried since last Tuesday to kick start the holiday spirit, I just can’t find it.  I have watched every Psych Holiday Episode.  Every Futurama, Family Guy, and American Dad Holiday Episode has been viewed, and still nothing.  Then the rains came to San Jose, and I ruined a bunch of my roommates files b/c I was too lazy to bring them in the house.  Shiner kicked off Rachel being gone for 10 days with vomiting on my favorite pillow this a.m. Then there is the traffic, the gods damned traffic, so my commute took an 1 and twenty minutes even leaving the house of 5:50 a.m.  So at this point there is very little holly jolliness coming out of my fat ass these days. 
I can correlate my losing of my Xmas spirit to the decline in my belief in Santa Claus.  I really wish I could say it was correlated to losing site of the Man Jesus, but it wasn’t.  I really believe it was losing the faith in Saint Nick.  Looking back and knowing Santa Claus is actually based off a pagan god who eats people, I really wonder why this is?  I think there is something magical about believing in something that is so unbelievable.  I really do. 
I would love to sit here and say that I held onto the belief of Santa Claus as long as I did, until I was 12 because of the twinkle it brought in the Boy’s eyes.  That would be a lie though.  I have said it here so many times, that I am a dreamer.  As I dreamer there was something so comforting to believe in something as magical as Santa.  I mean here was this super kind old jolly man, who gave and gave without asking anything in return.  Sure you had to mind your P’s and Q’s and be good, gods you didn’t want to be on the Naughty list.  No, no, no, that was all bad.  I often wondered as a child how Jr, the Boy, and The Kid made it onto the nice list.  We talked like sailors even back when we as in the womb.  No to mention the tantrums, the spoiled behavior, and the list goes on and on.   However, he came, each and every year, he came and each and every year, Christmas Day was magical and every day I was really sad, being the last one up and knowing that for another year Xmas was over. 
I don’t know.  I am trying… However, I am less trying to get into the Christmas spirit at this point and more focused to getting into Jeans by the end of January 2015.  My Paleo stuff seems to be working pretty good.  My pulled pork and brisket were excellent.  So, I will keep that in mind at this point I still have bigger fish to fry than finding out why the spirit is missing.
However, a funny story related to the holiday season is that there is nothing more in the world that I love during the holiday season than the smell of fresh pine.  I mean it.  I have an problem with smelling the trees walking into the Whole Foods, and the Osh.  You should see the looks I get from people.  They are like can I help you with a tree and I am like, no, I am just smelling them.  I have searched none stop for that scent in candle form, but I don’t think I can find it.  I think it has to be a real fresh tree.  Now, I know what you are thinking Billy b get yourself a xmas tree, however, do we really believe that Shiner wouldn’t take that fucker down or drink the water.  And do you really think I am going to deck the halls?  No, no, no!  So, I am going to just keep stopping on the way into WF and Osh and taking hits from the tree… and if you don’t believe me, see the photo attached :D

No comments:

Post a Comment