Friday, December 26, 2014

Holiday Balls!



Definitely a Darth with Big Balls! Look how huge he is!  Look how awesome the dark lord of the sith looks starting down at me on my couch last night.  A visit from Lord Vader was most unexpected.  Also, learned to take picture with a little movie magic myself.  Don't get me wrong Mom Carol sent me a big Darth Vader but doesn't he look life size in the picture!  


"Some balls are held for charity
And some for fancy dressBut when they're held for pleasureThey're the balls that I like best

My balls are always bouncingTo the left and to the rightIt's my belief that my big ballsShould be held every night


We've got big ballsWe've got big ballsWe've got big ballsDirty big ballsHe's got big ballsShe's got big balls(But we've got the biggest balls of them all)"

Big Balls, AC/DC


So for the last few years in Xmas weekends of yesterday the Family Boner would bring over a batch of meat balls.  I took to cal...

What?  What is a Family Boner?  It's that guy who is the ultimate extension of your family.  He goes on vacations with you.  He is just as comfortable with your parents, as he is your kid brother whose best friend he is.  He is the one that goes and checks on my sister Bb when she needs a helping hand. He is incorporated by reference a member of the family but he has no real tie in other than, he is there.

The original family boner was Monte and he belonged to my good buddy Chip's family.  Monte just showed up one day as part of their family.  He helped couch the little league.  He was at parties and dinners.  I just assumed he was a member of the family.  So I asked my good buddy how he was related.  He told me he wasn't.  He said, he is just the family boner and thus the term was coined.  It is one of those things like "Ass Butt" that will stick with me in my mind forever.  I don't know why, it just does.

The first b family boner was probably Slimmy.  Although, never out right called the family boner he certainly played the part.  Hanging out with each b boy just as much as the other.  He had a good relationship with my Mom and Pop and could hang and chat with them at all times.  However, one day Slimmy just sort of stopped being the family boner.  I am not sure why.  He is still a part of the extended family and loved.   It is just one of lives little mysteries.

However, I see now that it was the will of Ka.  Because there was another, much more deserving person for the job.  Shaun (even know he spells his name funny) Schroeder was my little brother best friend for as long as I can remember.  He just sort of grew into the roll of the family boner even during his high school days.  I would love to take the credit of naming him boner.  I am 76% sure I probably did.  However, it is just something he sort of became one day.  My favorite Boy and Boner story is of a Xmas long ago.  When they was seniors at THS.  It was the last day before the Xmas break and the dynamic duo and another decided to come to school as the three wise men.  Now, you have to understand that perhaps the Boy and Boner aren't the most well um... cultured men.  So, they actually thought the wise men wore toga's.  So basically, they went to school in toga's.  However, the third wise man, didn't dress up.

Of course there was much ado about two boys dressed in toga's at school and they got called into the principle's office.  The principle was a man who purchased indy 500 tickets from my mom every year.      Good seats too.  So, the principle goes into a long this and that about how you can't wear togo's to school.  How he expects better from the two of them.  That they are setting a bad example for younger kids.  He gives the boner extra static because he was on the basketball team and he wasn't representing the team very well.  He laid the guilt on real, real, good!  This was all a lead into giving them Saturday Schools.  :-0  Saturday Schools are bad!  Seriously who the fuck wants to go to school on a saturday?   Not me! He pulls the slips out and starts filling them out.

This is when the Boy turns and looks at the Boner and says "I hear it is supposed to be a really good race this year."  The Boner acknowledges the statement and agrees.  Then the Boy says it would be a real shame of some people couldn't get there tickets.  AS the story goes from the boner and the boy the Saturday school slips went away really fast.

Anyway... the family boner is the partner in crime, best friend, and all around accepted family member.  I hope that helps.

Anyway, each year he brought a bot of meatballs over on Xmas weekend.  WE would watch the football and enjoy lots and lots of balls.  So I don't know when it was yesterday after having Holiday Pulled Piggy, that I got the hankering for some Holiday Balls.  It was one of those things that comes on fast.  Real fast.  So, I decided I was going to make some holiday balls today, and that is exactly what I did!


Start with my home made BBQ sauce.  However, I needed 18 oz and only had 14.  So, I called in a ringer.  

This BBQ sauce was the most natural I could find and closet to paleo.  It is super tasty, but can't be a regular part of my diet.  However, 5 oz won't kill me.



Add it in.

Next we add in the grape jelly.  Again when as natural as I could find on short notice.  I will have to come up with another solution in the future.


It is hard to get all that shit out of there.






Mix it up!

Add Turkey Balls
 Bam put those babies in the pot and...

Hopefully they will look this good :D



Look at my Pig!!!!

It cooked to perfection!


just marvel at it.. looks so yum!


See the bacon?

Pull it


Yummy!  It was a great meal even with my Butternut Squash yamms being a little runny.



Mom Carol got me some sweet star wars glasses...


Hard to see but santa's were good to me... Rachel got me some pyrex for my meals to be stored in.  El Beaver Grande got me some really nice knifes you can see on in front of Darth. In the bag more stuff Rachel got me for cooking.  A cookie sheet b/c mine is gross.  Some liners for the crock pot.  new kitchen towels.  etc... not a bad hall for me :D

finally thanks to Rachel I got to have paleo dessert last night.  



It is a crustless pumpkin pie, we just forgot to get a pie plate so we used a bread pan but it was totally yummy!  Xmas was great!  Today has been busy, w/ the Beav.  New door bell.  Fixed my table.  etc...  I am actually feeling like crap right now though.  Have a headache, so I am going to go rest, been getting a lot of tension headaches lately and I am dehydrated because I have not drank enough water today.  I might go for a quick walk though. It really helps to bet out and go.  

No comments:

Post a Comment