Sunday, December 28, 2014

Paleo Fajitas, Paleo Rice, and getting ready for the last week of the year!



Did you know there is absolutely nothing in the world I love to eat more than Mexican.  I think Mexican might be right up there as my favorite thing to eat.  I am pretty sure I do love it even more than a good deep dish from Chicago or even a burger from the Counter.  I mean I could do a taco, nacho, burrito, fajitas rotation and be happy.  Of all Mexican my favorite food is the fajita.  See the Fajita in and of itself lead the way.  IF there would have been no fajita I could assemble myself, I would not have loved fallen in love with Mexican.  After all I used to get sick at the sight of re-fried beans and guacamole. I mean I love me some fajitas.  Ask my wives Dorothy and Rachel they will tell you 99.9% of our dinners out have me getting fajitas.  If it is Chili's then it is the 99.99% because I do love their chicken boob fajitas.  

So it actually surprised me that it took me so long to get around to trying Mexican on Paleo.  I think part of it is that I have been in love with just eating a shit load of meats.  Also, I think I worried now that without refried beans and cheese, perhaps I wouldn't love Mexican as much.  Also, the chip factor.  I have come to thinking of eating Mexican as eating chips and salsa too. I mean I get a burrito I cut it up into pieces and eat it with chips.  However, I I finally found a recipe I that got me excited.  So, it was time for Mexican.  It was time to make fajitas.  BTW... I was scared doing this today, because I will admit, I didn't love the meatloaf last night.  I think there was to much veggie pulp in int and I just didn't enjoy.  So, I was really hoping making something today, even with a pot of chili would be good, so I had food for the week.  

The Marination:

Add four chicken boobs a bag.


1/2 cup olive oil

2 tbs of RWV

Add Lemon and Lime Juice, not pictured because I am an idiot and it took me for ever to realize, I could just cut the lemon and limes into wedges and spray them over the chicken, and that I didn't have to actually juice them.



Boobs ready and in good marination.


Food Prep:

Peppers, Onions, and stuff!

Isn't my new knife bad ass, one of a set from El Beav, wow look at my feet too, don't they look wee?


The produce:

 Onions
 More Onions
 Red Peppers
 some green
 more green
 All done chopping :D

 Add them to the crock pot


Add in a couple teaspoons of cumin and some onion powder..


Add four marinated chicken boobs.


add salsa, I used Casa Sanchez Taqueria Chipotle style.  tis my fav 


Cover the Boobs... which is really a terrible thing to to!



cook for 8 hours on low...



Aren't my new knifes awesome!!



Oh and look at my new door bell!!! WELCOME!


Making of the Rice:

So, I made Paleo rice. I know what you are thinking isn't rice on paleo not allowed?  The answer to that is yes, it is not allowed.  So how did you make rice. Well, I made it from Cauliflower.  Cauliflower?  What you talking about Billy?  Yes, apparently you can make rice out of Cauliflower?  I didn't know that. I know it now, but I didn't know it.  That is why I had to get me a food processor :D


so you dice a head of cauliflower.  I am not sure why I didn't take pictures of that. I think it was b/c I was watching Supernatural and I was very into it.  so you add the cauliflower in and you pulse 15 times and boom you have rice.  Well, or in my case really, really tiny rice.  I think I should have used the dicer blade.


First half of the cauliflower
 2nd half of the cauliflower.
 Then it is time to do some cooking!!!


Chili Mix, that is a nice mix of turkey, sdt, celery, carrots, onion.  Good stuff, great turkey.


Then we decided to slow cook some apples with dried cherries and walnuts.
 Have to give my roomy a huge assist here.  She peeled and sliced the apples up.


Check on the chicken, all looks good.



Mix onion powder, garlic powder, mrs dash, chili power, cumin together to season the rice.



Pot ready...

See those tomatoes, diced them myself, same with the jalapeño, onions came that way :)



Chicken broth is needed.

Another great tip from my roommate, put the coconut oil in hot water and it will liquefy.  Then you get to TBS and add it to the hot pot.



Saute onions till translucent.
 


Add in tomatos to open them.  I still don't know what that means but it was in the recipe.  So that is what I tried to do.


Mix in the peppers...


The spices...



the Cauliflower Rice







Then you get Mexican rice?   Or so they say?  i honestly think I diced the cauliflower to much. It is really more a like a cauliflower corn meal thing.  It tastes ok.


Chicken Time!!!!

So, I pulled these out after 8 hours... Looks pretty good right!




Nice veggies!  Looking good!



Got my chicken claws out and then


I shredded the boobs.  It wasn't hard at all. I mean it mostly just fell apart.  It was awesome and it was so juicy good!




Veggies looking good.


Any chance the rice look better, no, no there isn't



Time to eat :D


It was really good, I was really please with the meal. I mixed it all together and added more salsa to it, I loved it.  I was really impressed.  Not the best Mexican I ever ate, not even close.  However, it was damn good and the chicken was amazing!




All do more apples next week and I will let them go another hour or two.  I mean these apples were damn good!  However, they could have gone a little long. 

And FUCK, I forgot I still have to go make smoothies for tomorrow.... Damn it!  The Chef's work is never done!

Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment