Monday, December 29, 2014

The Billy b First Annual Bloggie Awards: My Favorite Blog of the year!

As we enter into the last three days of the Calendar year, I do want to take some time, very little to look back and reflect on the year that was.  2014 was the year I changed my life.  21 lbs I have lost cooking for myself, abstaining from sugar, wheat, and dairy.  Other than the occasional curveball thrown at me with my heart, WHICH, by the way was the biggest wake up call in my history and is viewed as a good thing now, rather than a bad, I made long last, changes, that I know will endure the test of time.  I found a love I didn't know was there in cooking.  I continued to write, and write, and write some more. I completed one short story, and two novelettes, they are, super rough, but, I am writing!!! I will also admit the last two days I have felt better than I have in a long time!  Things are definitely changing.  The world is moving on and I with it in step following my path to my tower.  I think losing 21 lbs between Thanksgiving and Xmas is pretty bad ass, and yes, I will keep talking about it and patting myself on the back about it, because I am proud and I have every write to me.  This year I went from having someone cooking all my meals for me, to taking the ownership of it and doing it myself.  So, there is so much to be proud of!  This was so our year and guess what 2015 will be even better.  I see in 2015 some great things such as the 100 lbs Paleo Party, which I will host once I reach that milestone.  The party will be all Paleo food, but there will be wine and beer there, so I can share with people my favorite homemade foods.  There will be a return to the bicycle.  A return to the pool.  Perhaps even a sprint at PG but we won't get ahead of ourselves b/c we have so much to do to get there, but we are dreaming big in 2015!  Now to our first of three Bloggies!  My Favorite Blog of the year!

The winner was easy for me, because the winner was my first short story that I ever wrote start to finish.  I did it in one afternoon at the office, I should have been working but I was not.  I was working on my dream. 

My Favorite Blog of the Year:
“He thrusts his fists against the posts and still insists he sees the ghosts”

I was in the in between when I wrote this short story.  Some where in between being in and out of depression. My hearts which has had been broken the previous fall, but it was on the mend.  I started to see a bigger picture.  I learned I was playing a longer game and this story sort of represented coming to terms with that.  I think rock bottom is a strange place, and you have to do some much to bring yourself back from it.  I did a lot of that in 2014, and every time I thought I was out and moving on I let myself get sucked back in.  Everything in our life is perceived from a point of view.  It can be taken from the point of view depression and hatred which is what the fat bearded man represents.  It can be taken from the point of view of the complacent man, which is the focal point of the main character, or it can be taken from the view of the self we want to be, our best self, who we are supposed to be, and that of course is the role of the reaper, the Black Reaper.  The mind is a power, powerful tool, and it is our best ally in life.  In 2014 I started to and almost completely shattered the prison of my mind.  This blog, and this post, this story, represents that to me.  I have come so far down the path and the tower is waiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment