Saturday, December 27, 2014

30 minutes to meat loaf! The Story of a Saturday (weight update below)



Let us start this blog off when a tribute to Holiday Balls everywhere!  Look at my Balls, they were really, really, really good!  I was super impressed with that the turkey balls could taste so good!  Who has the biggest balls of them all, well I don't know that, but I do know my balls were super testy oops, tasty.

I am sitting here trying to calm a blog in with the last 30 minutes before my first Turkey Meatloaf is done.  Will I make, we really can't say.

Sleeping In:  I slept in for the first time in what seemed like forever today.  It was pretty nice.  I got to sleep until 8:10 before the AC/DC alarm music finally got me out of bed.  I wanted to sleep more though, but I had a big day planned.  I had some last, last minute Holiday shopping for myself.  Plus, I had a project at home to work on.  So, I got up and started my day!

A different Ommie:  I start every day with breakfast.  Either a smoothie, or an ommie.  That is just how I roll these days.  Today I went ommie and I went out for it.  I knew I was going to be busy all day so I thought I would splurge a bit and go to the ole "Cup and Saucer" and try out a new ommie.  I went with the Canadian.  It was different from the TJ, in that instead of bacon and chili's in it.  It had ham, mushroom, and onions, but it was still topped with salsa, hmmm.  Anyway, I have to say it was pretty damn good! I am not sure how they get there eggs so freaking fluffy, and I probably don't want to know, but i have to be honest it was damn good!

My Xmas Gift to me:  I don't normally get myself a holiday gift but this year, I did.


I got me a food processor that cuts, dices, slices, shreds,  and a bunch of other stuff I will probably never use it for.  However, the key things for me and a food processor were simply: Slice, dice, and Shred.  Because I want HasH Browns and I am won't hand grade them.  I need to slice and dice for tomorrow menu but we are there yet, so you no sneak peaks!

A trip to the store:  I hit Bed, Bath, and Beyond, Trader Joe', and Lundardi's all before 10:30 this a.m.  I was like a beacon of efficiency.  It was one of those rare morning when I was on.  When you are making, a Turkey Meat Loaf, Fajitas, and Mexican Rice you have to be on.


 

you have to love TJ's a grocery basket full of food and your are expecting a 100 dollar tab and it is only 50.  That is pretty bad ass!

Lunardi's ins't anywhere that cheap, but I was there to buy meat.  So what do you expect.  I got home with a few groceries.




Juice for pulp:  The recipe for the Turkey Meat Loaf called for pulp of two red peppers, two yellow peppers, three carrots, some kale, and some spinach.  The goal is to good the goods from the veggie and to hide it in the meatloaf, I guess.  Well, we will see if it works.  But the only way to get veggie pulp is to juice.  I am not sure if you remember what happened the last time I juiced: diarrhea and vomiting followed, it was bad.  So, I was a little scared when I got the juicer out, but it was for the cause.



So, I juiced:



and drank it b/c the lady on the Internet said it would be good, it don't look good:



I chugged have it and was nauseous afterwards.  I was stated in my kitchen  at full gage.  So, why on earth did I try to down the rest of it?  I don't know but I gaged and spit the juice back into the cup. It was awful.  I am still belching up pepper juice as we speak, and I hate peppers so it isn't a good think, at all!

oh ya the pulp:

Bag it, tag it, sell it to the butcher at the store (what song is that)



Down 2 Pounds!!!!!  I lost another 2 lbs.  I am officially down 21 lbs during the holiday season.  That is bad ass.  Most people put on 5 to 10 at xmas time and I lost 21 lbs, SUCK IT!!!!!  I was disappointed though, I wanted to loose more.  I have to remember 2 lbs a week is healthy weight loss and I just need to keep it steady.  I am doing this. My BP seems to be better today too and until I sat down at this computer I didn't notice anything going on with my heart, but I swear I start typing I get super tired and the heart starts pounding.  No matter, still doing low sodium.  On top of my meds for the first time well ever.  So that is good.  21 lbs during holiday season.  I hope when I go next Saturday I am at 22 lbs for the Holiday season, that would be fucking awesome!

A walk:  My walk was fucking awesome today!  I left telling myself I wasn't going to push hard.  That I was going for a stroll.  Well, 45 minutes, 2.2 miles at 3 MPH and I am fucking stoked.  So SUCK IT once again is in order.  I felt pretty good out there.  I mean at first I was little sore from the sprints I did yesterday.  However, I muscled thru.  My walk was basically four parts each part was determined by the street I turned down and I did a big box around my house.  the three leg or the Meridian Leg was tough.  My knees killed me.  However, I really muscled through it and muscled through.  I was so stoke when i got home, I am sure I did a few pose downs.

a turkey loaf or a gobble loaf:  Well after watching my first episode of supernatural of the year it was time to make the gobble loaf.   You know I have seen the pilot of the Supernatural at least 8 times already.  Each time I watch a new season I start at the beginning and work through each season.  When I turned it on and tried to write at the same time I couldn't, you would have thought I have never seen it before.  It was crazy, I was glued to it.  I love the fucking show! I am watching it again now :D

See my mashed Sweet Tators :)


Added the pulp to two eggs, then added some Mrs. Dash   Onion.


10 cranks of pepper


A pinch of red pepper flakes

2 table spoons tomato paste


 2 lbs of turkey (gobble gobble)



Pack it into a pan.

sauce it


it has taken me longer than  30 minutes to write this... so there is the finished product :D  Looks good and smells great!!!



Oops spilled shit all over me adding more sauce, is anyone surprised?



Good looking loaf :





Crap spackles I just bleached up bell pepper again.  I hate that shit!

alright time to get some shout on my shirt, so I don't ruin another, and then go eat some loaf :D

No comments:

Post a Comment