Saturday, December 6, 2014

Why is this man so fired up? Is it 7.8 -or- his Ribs -or- both....



This isn't the original reaction when I got back to my car today after I left WW but I recreated best I could.  Basically this is me flexing down and screaming "COME ON!" at the top of my lungs after finding out I lost 7.8 lbs since the Wednesday before Thanksgiving!  Come on that is a coming off a holiday fucking week, that is fucking Bad ASS!  I am super stoked!  Since meeting with Alethea on that Friday, I have lost 17 lbs by just cutting out sugar, diary, and wheat!  I have not had any binges or cravings, if I am hungry, I find something I can eat, and I eat it.  I log everything and have since meeting with her 20 days ago.   Mostly, I have only eaten home made food, that I cook myself!  My pulled pig and brisket lasted thru Friday.  I even had a couple of cheat moments, that I meant to write about but, haven't had time.  I ate some bread at Boccie ball on Wednesday but I rebounded and caught myself doing and just simply said no more, lets eat the meat but not the bread.  There was another slip but I don't remember what it was now.  I guess it doesn't matter.  I have to get back to walking.  I just need to suck it up and walk in the rain!  I am gonna go soon.  If you don't see something come up on Facebook, by 5 pm today then give me shit!

So after weighing in, I did some shopping....  more cooking this weekend.  Cooking is my new love and passion!


we have Pot Roast, BBQ Ribs, and a proper pot of Chili on the recipe!

I started the Ribs soon as I got back from shopping!!!

1. I had to get the pineapple ready!  That is right Pineapple!




I am not going to lie, I didn't peel it and core it myself.  I am not that good and I am way to lazy.  However, I did cut it into the smaller pieces.  I love me some good pineapple and I am glad TJ's had some fresh sliced.

2.  Cut that Meat!





I tried my best to trim the fat where I could and cut the ribs into smaller portions or what one might call a ribblette?  Some say "Si"  and then some say "No"  I say ... No... a ribblette would be smaller.

3.  Make the rub....

a.  The bowl and ingredients.



b.  Add the Smoked Paprika, now the recipe called for Spanish Smoked Paprika, but I couldn't find it anywhere.  So I said fuck it.  I am going with what I got!



c.  Add that spicy dijon mustard



d.  Honey, what you doing for your money... What you doing for your money honey, how do you get them kicks... Or perhaps I just sang that while I added the honey to the rub...

e.  Then we mix it up!



4.  My favorite Part!!! RUB THAT MEAT!  RUB THAT MEAT!  RUB THAT MEAT!





RUBBED UNTIL ALL THE SPECIAL SAUCE WAS GONE!!!!

5.  Add it to the slow cooking crock pot....



6.  Add in the Pineapple 



7.  Cover the pot, select 6 hour cook time and bam bam your are waiting on your ribs giving yourself time to write your blog.  celebrate your success and get ready for your walk!





And now.... we wait!  Excited for the pot roast tomorrow.  It is a beef one and I am replacing potatoes that they say you can have some time with squash and sweet taters.  I don't want to risk the real taters, b/c sugar is bad bad bad to me.  

also have to remember to keep drinking water....

I think when my roommate gets home in 4 or 5 days I will be a full blown paleo expert, and master of the slow cooker.  She won't recognize the fridge b/c it will be full of my meals of chili, ribs, and roast for the week!  Can't forget the green smoothies either with the special super food green powder that gives me an extra fiber boost and some wheat grass action!

Well.... i best go walk, then head to WF and i forgot a jalapeno for my chili.... I am going hot baby....


No comments:

Post a Comment