Monday, December 8, 2014

The Roast and a Proper Pot


I am going to be honest...  The Pot Roast didn't fall apart and I had to use a knife to cut it...  It makes me feel like I failed.  I tasted the meat and it was good.  The veggies are ok too, not as mushy as I wanted them to be.  Where you put them into you mouth and boom, they are gone!  I don't know.  Next time I am putting the fucker on low for 8 -10 hours, this cooking things in 6 hours is for the birds.  I remember mom carol's roasts would fall apart.... damn me.  I had my buddy the Hector the Handy Boy try it and he said it was awesome, but I pay him.

The butternut squash melted in my mouth the way I liked... I am not saying I am being what I alway on my self to hard.  I need to ease up... however, I will tell you one thing.. my dinner was fucking awesome tonight and that is b/c I know how to make a Proper Pot of Chili!

First you have dice your jalapeño.  Ok, well this is the first time I ever did it for a pot... but... did it none the less did I:

Wait... wait, didn't photo me dicing the jalapeño... hmmm... i could have sworn.. nope, not in iPhoto guess not..

after dicing your jalapeño you mix your spices in a bowl:
  • chili powder
  • oregano
  • basil
  • cumin
  • salt
  • coarse black pepper (i used in everything today b/c I could get the tsp in the jar :)
  • onion powder
  • cayenne
  • Smokey Paprika (my new favorite spice, I will use it everywhere now)

then... you have saute your veggies:

I used a carrot, celery, onion como, I double up on the onion....

At the same time you brown that meat:

Then you add the veggies to the meat:


Then you must add the liquid smoke... b/c if you don't your an asshat:

Then a little worchestire sauce, you know I used to think they were saying horsie sauce... I was young, like 15...

The the three tomatoes: sauce, crush, and diced:





Then you do some mixing up:




Then you add today's wild card:


Sun-dried tomatoes, I fucking love these things... almost as much as the smokey paprika, speaking of which remember those spices we combined together earlier, we have to put those bad units in:




Then you stir in some Jalapeños..




then you add mom's secret ingredient... I won't show you here b/c I realize now that is ins't quite paleo... and well i only used a pinch out of respect, I mean it is her Bday today!




Then  you boil that shit, and then simmer it up....



That my friends is how you make Billy b's Proper Pot of Paleo Chili....

No comments:

Post a Comment