Thursday, December 25, 2014

Mele Kalikimaka



Most recent Xmas Pick I can find and I know I will get shit b/c the boy isn't in it.  I know it is the latest b/c I was still working on my sweet sweet mullet then, I hadn't gone shaved, and all other pics have me with my good tri hair.  Anyway, Happy Xmas!  I guess I belong in Terre Haute this a.m. but I am in the South Side of San Jose instead.  However, let me tell you the smell of xmas goodies are every bit as good in the Casa de Billy b on Strawflower lane as they are in the House on the hill in TH.  Well, different but still good.  I was awaken this morning by the smell of 8 hour pig roasting in my pot!  The entire house smells of Pig, but in a good roasted way!  Mmmmm Pig! I want what to pull on my meat laster today.  




That there is a Kalua Pig, so I say "Mele Kalikimaka" which you realize I could never actually say that out loud!  I am stoked.  Little hand say 5 hours and 11 minutes till I am pulling that meat baby.  Of course for the 2nd time in a row, I forgot to get pineapple for it.  :(  It happens.  However, the real debacle came when we forgot the yams, for the mashed yams we was doing on the side.  However, we have a policy here at the Buddy System no stress on Xmas or Xmas weekend when it turns into a 4 day weekend (probably good I stayed here then, oh carol won' like that one bit!)

So, I noticed I had a lbs. bag of butternut squash in the fridge and I decided butternut squash = good! So, why not mash those fuckers up, because after what is Xmas without mash I ask you?  I had to run to the World Wide Web and get a recipe.  We don't wing anything at the buddy system.  Why leave it to chance.

Oh holy shit!  how could I forget!!! Xmas Bfast while watching the littles open there presents via face time!


Look at that, that is some sweet Paleo creamer my roommate picked up for my 1 cup day.  

What is the kid doing, three pans on at once... you must be joking...



No jokes folks... bacon, ommie, and an onion/sun dried tomatoes mix!


Getting better at the flip... still rough around the edges.


Added Salsa and bacon to the side and bam, I had a fucking great Xmas breakfast and then got faced time in for gifts with the family. I realize now I didn't open any gifts.  But I had some from them.  Interesting... or maybe not... Back to the mash....

First, we got out Slow Cooker II as we call it around the buddy system (really its just rachel's crock pot and no one ever calls it anything.

Then we randomly take a picture of the oven... that was in the directions by the way!

Then we add the Butternut Squash (which is rapidly replacing the sweet potato on my awesome list at number 2, number 1 is the sun dried tomato, well b/c they are awesome!

Then we add the cup of apple juice!

Look at the pour, this kid has some talent in the kitchen

Then we maple syrup a bit as a brown sugar replacement.

Put Slow Cooker II on hight for 4 hours and let them fuckers cook!

Find the 2nd best Xmas pic I could find on short notice


That and did not yet have a horse head hat, so he went xmas cap... his sarape is somewhere in the mix....

Well all I can really say is Happy Christmas People!  I hope you have a wonderful day with you and yours!  Tis the season to open your heart and spread joy :D  2014, the year I changed my life is only got a week left.  We will do this!!  We already are!  

Mele Kalikimaka

No comments:

Post a Comment