Friday, April 18, 2014

Friday Happy it is...

Happy Friday!

It's the end of the week we all should rejoice!  We made!  What will you do with your weekend?  Mine will be active again, swim, bike, run.  It's the name of the game.  It's my life .  I put all my trust into "tri"ing.   What else can I do?  I'll sleep.  I'll get lots of sleep.  For I need rest as I've been pushing hard this week.

Before I forget, happy birthday A!  This is gonna be a great year for u!

I struggled last night.  I struggled all week.  I have been more laxed on my eating.  Eating a few cookies at work and a breakfast that want a smoothie.  Overall I'm doing good, however week 5 wasn't as strong as it should've been.  That's ok all we can do is refocus and redirect our energy to make this week better!  

However last night I didn't want to
Swim.  I wanted to go home.  I wanted to relax, what next generation, eat some rice and call it a day.  The entire way home I fought myself.  The entire way home I made excuses about why i couldn't go swim.  From I forgot a towel to I have to poo to shouldn't I go home and let the dog out.  You name it I tried to use it to get out of swimming.

In the end I went.  Not sure why, other than I needed to do it.  I was happy in the water.  Free, truly free.  I can play in the water and move freely.   It's nice. 

However even the swim was hard.  My lungs suck!  I got a cough and was coughing at each end of the pool.  Then my left shoulder hurt during the free style.  Sharp pain every time I brought my arm around. Who knows why.   My entire shoulder is sore now.  Boo.  But we did it anyway.  We swam our 1200.  We kept going.  

Will take a lil walk today at lunch.   Going with Mana the momma:). Me, her, and Jill will go have a nice lunchy.  

I'm rambling on and again with nothing really to say... Other than Happy Friday!

The swim:

Total Distance:1200 yards

200 yards crawl warmup
(no rest during swim)
4 x 50 crawl, pull first 25, and kick the 25 :15 between each 50
4 x 100 IM resting :30 between each 100
(each IM is 25 breaststroke, 25 backstroke, 25 breaststroke, 25 freestyle)
200 crawl warmdown 
200 Breast warmdown
(swim slowly and relax)

No comments:

Post a Comment