Friday, November 1, 2013

A Blackfish Looks at 37

A Blackfish looks at 37

When I went into 37 I said it was going to be a great year. Now with my 37th year behind me, I have to admit it was a good year. Not the year I wanted, but maybe the year I needed. 

I could give you a play by play of it. However lets not do that. Lets summarize. One thing I know for sure is it is the year I grew up and the year I realized there is more to life, than what I'm living.

In my 37th year we laughed, we loved, we lied, we cheated, and stole. Ok didn't steal anything and I only cheated at candy crush and on my diet. We made some great new friends! We went to Kona, twice! We lost 40 lbs!! We gained 42 lbs. :(

We made the first part of our documentary. We started a blog. We lost or glasses and then found them. We realized how beautiful and fulfilling life could be. We realized life is beautiful and with fighting for! We admitted we need help to get better! We realized there is more to life than work. We realized we are going to win because life is just another endurance event that I choose to finish and on my terms. 

So I'm taking the day off no work email. I'm getting a two hour manny massage, that's right, two hours. I'm gonna sit by the pool and ponder lives greatest mystery, you know aliens, sharks, the sphinx, pyramids, and women. I'm going to eat a big ass steak at dry creek grill. Then this weekend I'm gonna swim 5000 M, write, and laugh because come Monday we are playing for keeps. 

Monday we start the great battle of my life, for my life. 38 will be a challenging year, but 38 will be a good year. Whatever happens we will deal with it head on and upfront bc we learned life is better when you do it this way.

I want to believe. Therefor I do. And I have no idea where KA will take me, but I will go there because it's what I must do. However I go as a man who wants to go. A man who wants to go. A man who is finally ready to go and be the man he was born to be. The world was never the same after 11/1/75... A man with a beautiful mind all though a little twisted and scary and a huge heart was born. That man wasted a lot of time.... He tried to ignore KA and fight it, but no more... Billy b will get by and will survive and his life will be his own. He wants to dance in the field of roses in the shadows of KA. He knows now... It is time ... The time of KA. The time of the Blackfish. The time of living!

And ... The Tower is Closer

No comments:

Post a Comment