Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Over 40,000 swam..... 2,200 Tonight....


40,100 to be exact.... Great swim tonight… took bit of time though 1:31 minutes to be exact, which turns out to be 7 minutes faster than last week. 

I was a bit frustrated before getting in the pool and while in it.  However, thanks to the social media class I had to take again today at work, I won’t be blogging about that :) 

However, today I did set some boundaries and that has never been my strong suit.  Did that today and I have to say I liked it and need to do more it more often!  I am telling you people, I am putting me first now and that is all the matters. 

I was also pumped that on my wind sprints tonight on Crawl made it across the pool on two breaths,that was an improvement over last week.

On the Breaststroke I did it in three breaths, but did get across on two once.  Getting better and improving each swim.  You have to be pumped about that.

Need to spend more time working on my writing this week. I really want to write “Three Recurring Dreams”.  I think it is important to get it out.    

It is going to be a great night!!!

Work out tonight… 

  • 400 yards warmup mixed strokes
    (alternating crawl and breast every 50 yards)
  • 200 yards crawl stroke alternating lengths of pulling and kicking
    (alternate 25 yards pulling with ankles crossed, with 25 yards kicking with hands stretched out in front of you)
  • 8 x 50 yards crawl, on 1:00
    (count 3 kicks per arm stroke)
  • 200 yards breaststroke alternating lengths of pulling and kicking
    (alternate 25 yards pulling with ankles crossed, with 25 yards kicking with hands stretched out in front of you)
  • 8 x 50 yards breaststroke, on 1:30
    (focus on timing of pull, kick and glide)
  • 4 x 25 crawl windsprints, resting :30 between
    (swim length of pool on 1 breathe)
  • 4 x 25 underwater breaststroke windsprints, resting :30 between
    (swim length of pool underwater without coming up for air, doing breaststroke or a frogkick stroke)
  • 400 yards warmdown mixed strokes
    (alternating lengths of breast and crawl)

Notes: This workout focuses on crawl stroke and breast stroke. You will practice both pulls and kicks for each stroke, then swim the strokes with a focus on timing. Concentrate on your technique while you are swimming, don't just daydream and go through the motions. By thinking about your technique on the swim drills good form will become automatic for you.

Billy Burkle Swim for 2,200 m in 01:31:00 at a 00:01:02.05 25 m pace and at 1,450.55 m/hr
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/swim-speeds/id377321607?ls=1&mt=8

 

No comments:

Post a Comment