Friday, February 14, 2014

My Bloody Valentine…


My Bloody Valentine…

I got nothing.  My mind is actually turned off.  I spent the better part of a week thinking about what this blog would say.  It ranged from ripping on the commercial holidays like Valentine’s, Halloween, and Christmas.  Over commercialized days that is meant to get us to open our wallets.  Then there was the love story I was going to write.  I was actually going to go into story I wrote in college, and tell the scene of Brent Baldwin making up with his unlikely lover Drew.  Yes, that Drew, the world was young, and I actually believed in fairy tales.  Then there was the truth that I am 0 – 38 on Valentine’s Day.  Sad but true.  Most of that is my own doing.  I am well known for continuing to bark up the wrong tree.  Or hiding myself behind 250 lbs of fat, and the one valentine I actually had plans when I was 22, with the girl who got away, I blew it.  Damn you Jim Beam, Damn you straight to hell!  The truth is I don’t really care that is Valentine’s Day.  I don’t really care about much right now other than going back to bed.  I feel a little like Robin walking through Locksley after the Sheriff burned it.  I am disoriented, tired, and confused.  Like I said all I want right now is to go back to sleep.  I actually slept good last night too.  I don’t know.  It could be the shitty weather.  It could be work.  It could be that the fucking stars are in a freaky alignment.  The truth, I just don’t know, we all have day when we aren’t what we want to be. Other than that I have nothing clever to say.  I have no witty quips.  I know it is a three day weekend and I like that.  I know that I will be going to the pool tomorrow.  I know I will walk the puppy tonight. I will watch Shawn and Gus and laugh.  Perhaps I will just leave it like this…..
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A girl

"What's it about?"

"Same thing it is always about." He said and stared into the distance. "Same thing it is always about."

"And what is that?"

"It's about a girl." He continued to look off the horizon, wondering where things truly began and ended out there. Was it where the water met the blue sky? Or did it just go on forever.

"Do you love this girl?"

"Love her, if I did, I loved her for all the wrong reason."

"I didn't know there were wrong reasons to love,"

Still staring at the horizon he laughed and turned to his old friend. "There are wrong reasons for everything"

The two's eyes met for just a moment. That moment told enough though. Told it all. He had loved her. In his own sick way. In his need. In his pain. He had, in fact loved her, for all the wrong reasons. His reasons were wrong reasons. It broke his heart.

 

1 comment: