Thursday, March 24, 2016

Page 84



Book of 2016
- Page 84 - 

How many times have we been here before?  How many times have we tried to pick ourselves up from the bottom of another rut?  Only right now I am not even sure I want to climb out of this rut.  Everything seems to be spinning, spinning, and spinning further out of control.  You look around for a break but there is nothing.  You sit and plot your next binge.  You think about all the things you should have for dinner and then you think about what you want for dinner.  The two things are never one in the same.  Two days ago you made a phone call.  The phone call you wanted to change your life, but it didn’t.  The more you thought about the phone call the more you realized why you had hated it the first time around.  You are not 100% sure which you have a bigger issue with people not taking responsibility for what is going on in their lives or the non-stop reference to God.  Look I can’t sit here and say I am an atheist, because I don’t know if I am one or not.  I believe that there is something out there.  I don’t know what it is.  I call it Ka, because Ka makes sense to me.  I know that sounds pretty fucked up, that something I learned about in a Stephen King novel is something I relate to as something out there moving along our path, but it is.  Fate, Destiny, Ka, the path, or whatever you would call it.  When King talked about it, it made sense to me.  In a world that I always felt a little out of place in, that spoke to me as being truth.  We are all moving down the path.  We are going to the next destination.  I am getting away from my point, but this little tangent has made me smile a little bit on day that I wanted to do was frown.  Things just aren’t clicking right now.  There seems to be fires everywhere.  I am trying to stay positive, but positive is so hard right now.  I feel like everything is closing in.  The rails are coming off.  Then I think about these meetings and listening to God this and God that, and how he is moving you to this or to that.  I hear this and I get angry.  I get angry because where is the responsibility?  Where is the accountability on the one place that it should be placed and that is on me?  Then I think, Billy b, is this just another in a long line of excuses to get going.  Just another reason not change your ways?  Then I say to myself why would I think that if it was not true?  Then I get sad again.  So, I went to spend some time on the website of OA.  There was a section on there about Atheist and Agnostics and how people that don’t necessarily believe in a God still follow there program.  Then I realize I am already criticizing this and I don’t know the first thing about it.  I think that is the part of me that could give a shit less if we ever get better.  That is the part of me who would happily eat myself into a grave.  I think that sometimes and addict is just an addict and doesn’t want to know it or wants to avoid it.  Not because they feel good with what they are doing.  No, it is more because somewhere deep inside they don’t want to face the long solitary road to recovery.   Or even worse, the one question that is always in the back of your head but you never want to ask.  What is there left of Billy b, if he no longer has a weight problem.  Is there anything left?  Most of his life has been trying to fill this void and no amount of food can possible fill.   We all have days like these.  We all get low.  The real test is to see if we can stand back up.  I think tomorrow will be a better day. I think I will get more sleep tonight.  Tomorrow things will be all right!  Plus, I have two podcasts to listen too.  I have never downloaded a podcast in my life.  However, I did.  I found them on itunes they are an introduction to the 12 steps of OA.  And when and Addict is just an Addict and he does want to change his ways, perhaps it is time to start find a way.  Maybe it is time to leave the worry that there is nothing left after I lose the weight behind.  It’s just time to take a little control and be the driving force in my own life, so I will let you know how the podcast go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment