Sunday, March 20, 2016

Page 80

Book of 2016
- Page 80 -


Busy day in the kitchen today.  It started really early when I put in a five pound pork shoulder in the slow cooker.  I rubbed this thing down with some rub I get from Lunardi's, no sugar in it so I like it a lot.  I actually rubbed my meat last night and covered it in the rub and then wrapped it in cling wrap to lock in the flavor.  Then I added two bags of onions turned it on high for 6 hours, then on low for another 4 or so.  I have never had meat that fell apart like this pig did tonight.  I swear I just looked at it and it shredded itself.  I shit you not.  It was awesome.  It tasted fab too.  

Then I made a little Irsh stew.  The meat is great and I played with it last night too.  I salted it and pricked it with a fork to make it tender and then put it in the fridge over night. I then chopped potatoes, carrots, onions, and mixed in a little tomato paste, and beer.  I said it was Irish didn't I?  I think things went pretty good until we added the peas.  I am not sure.  They just smell funny.  Now the stew smells a little funny.  They were optional, but I wanted to get more veggies in there, so i took the risk. 

The final move of the day I made some banana, blueberry, muffins with a little almond butter action.  They turned out really well.  

I walked almost 2 miles today and then spend some good time stretching.   

Other than that it was a full schedule of College basketball, some good games today!  

Looking forward to the week ahead!  Hoping to loose at least 1 more pound.  That would be 4 in 4 weeks!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment