Saturday, January 3, 2015

New Year's First Blog, Flat, Chops, and Walk



Sucking wind logging in my best walk in the last few years!  I was strong out there today... It was a good walk!


Happy New Year and First Blog:  Here we are again in a brand new year.  Everyone is making resolutions, and promising changes to come.  I didn't make any resolutions this year.  I don't need to.  My mission is the same as it was last year at this time.  Get better.  Each day, get a little bit better than the day before.  2014 was a break out year for us.  We did lots of great things, lots of bad things, a few dirty thing, and a few things we can be super proud of :)  WE found AC/DC!  WE learned to start cooking for ourself!  WE learned to get on a path and stay on a path, stick with it and you will see results.  I am going to take the wins of 2014 and use them to continue to grow and have even more success in the new year!  2015 is gonna be kick ass!  WE will be wearing jeans before it is all said and done, and though we will try to get there by the end of this month, I think the better thing to do is stay the course!  I am very, very proud of my 2014, the highs and the lows, because they all lead me to this point, right here.  For the first time I am taking care of myself.  I am doing it.  I got this!  I do.

Flat:  I would be lying to you if I said the weight watching started off how I wanted it to this year.  I was flat from last week.  Now any number of factors could go into that, new meds, when I had my last bio break, how much water I drank yesterday (6 liters).  Having non-paleo meals on Wednesday.  It could be all of those, it could be none of those.  What I do know is I still feel better than I did last week.  I am moving better (See walk below).  Sliding in and out of my car easier.  So, I don't think it is time to panic.  I don't think it is time to pack it up and say Paleo isn't the answer.  I think we found a winning combination here.  I do think it is time that we watch our portions a little bit closer.  Either way I am not to worried about it.  I had a lot of great support from friends encouraging me to stay the path and that it isn't all gonna happen over night.  Today is a new day and I will keep going and keep adding new and better things into my diet.

Chops:  I made my first pork chops last night :D  I did.  I want to say they were the best chops I have ever eaten, but... I can't.  El Beav says they were good and for what it is worth the meat was super juicy and yum.  However, I over used the cumin.  I am not a huge fan of it, but the rub I have used on my pulled pork called for it, and since I transferred that rub over to the chops or most of it.  The cumin came with it, and well, it showed up in the flavor.

Started with big green (it is what I call my bowl) and added chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper, cumin,  Mrs Dash, and cinnamon in big green.



I learned covering something else earlier in the week, that I should probably mis up the spices so that I get an even rub of all spices over everything, before I was just tossing my meat in without thinking about it.

Got my boneless Chops out of the fridge.


Good looking meats:



Then, I rubbed the spices all over my meat!


Look at that, that is a nice rub!



Rubbing ones meat is a dirty job.


Both chops evenly rubbed and placed in a dish to rest.



25 minutes at 350 + one flip we had a nice piece of meat.  Added in some Broccoli and Apples (not shown) and we had a nice meal!  Real Nice!


Walk:  I am really proud of my walk!  I mean it, really, really proud.  3.2 miles @ 3.1 mph.  I negative split the mother fucker, I know this b/c at the turn around I was only going 3 mph.  I had to check to make sure I was exactly half way you know.  So walking back I cranked HARD, and busted out a nice clip.  I wish I could say it was easy, but I wasn't, even though I had my camelpak on , I still boinked near the end.  I just hit the wall and couldn't get over it.  I had to cool my engines.  Either way, it was one hell of a good walk.  IT felt good.  Real good.  I am happy I am moving a lot better!  I am excited as I said that we are in 2015, we are staying the course and getting better every day!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment