Saturday, January 24, 2015

-9.2 = 35

35 and counting...  my weight watchers manual says I am down 13 lbs today, but myfitnesspal says 9.2 either way both are significant losses, both I would normally be pretty estate about.  However, i had some help this week from mr flu bug.  I think he gave me a little extra effort and cleaned my system out pretty good.  As my good friend Katie says just enjoy today and keep on doing what you are doing.  AND... that is where things get complicated.

I love the Paleo Diet.  I have loved every minute I have been on it (minus the times out for heart trouble), however, sitting here on a Saturday morning in San Jose down 35 lbs and coming off a two day's of sickness, that poked his head up again last night, eating paleo just sounds, well, to me for the first time... blahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... it is a harsh diet with lots of meats and meats aren't always the easiest things for the stomach to process.  So, do we have a conundrum here?  What are we to do?

I wish I wasn't a feeble minded mush head and had the faith that I can weather any storm or challenge, but to be honest, I am scared.  I know how easily I get going down the wrong path.  I know sugar, my arch enemy is just lying in wait, wanting to get a chance to get back into my system.

So, I am sitting here researching different options on what I can do this week until I get my tummy back.  Ia m thinking of a heavy smoothie diet.  I love a good smoothie.  We have three blenders in the house right now.  I could open my own jamba juice.  Well for if you count the many bullet the roommate has.

for the first time in a long time I feel little at drift, without a clear path or direction which is weird for a guy who has hit 15% of his total weight loss goal.   I am not good at drift. I don't make good choices at drift.  So we can't stay at drift for very long.  We won't.  I have some faith in myself.

Goals for today ... make a plan for next week so we don't stay at drift, take a walk just any easy one we have been off for three days.  plan a walk for tomorrow, for an hour, 30 out and 30 back, fuck time.  get back onto the path.  then see where it takes us.  I think the one thing I was really learning on paleo, is it is more about making better all natural choices and preparing for myself.  I just have to keep that in mind and stay on the path.  The goal is to get better, to get the heart healthier and live a long and natural life.

Over all down 35 lbs... you have to be happy.  you also have to be mindful that those can creep back on b/c of water, and food intake, but hey, enjoy the moments when you have them, what else can you do =)

No comments:

Post a Comment