Thursday, January 15, 2015

60 days and nights....



They say if you do something for 21 straight days it becomes a habit.  They say if you do something for a month it is becomes a habit.  They say lots of things.  I don't know if I have new habits or not.  I know that when I eat something, I am always thinking now how am I going to log this.  Is it already in MyFitnessPal or am I going to have to create it.  If you could something in grape seed oil do you count the oil as well as the meat?  What about the marinades and rubs, do you count that?  These are the progressions I go through now.  They have become a 2nd sort of nature.  I also sit there and ask myself questions like, do I have enough sodium to go out for some boneless wings, enough calories, etc.. Have I changed in the last 60 days, yes, yes, I have.  I never thought when I started logging back in November that it would make a difference, but WOW it has. 

I went to the doctor yesterday, b/c I have been running a low fever and not felt right.  Turns out according to the doc I do have a temperature, and that I have an infection :( Boo!  So he has me on drugs.  Like I need more pills to take.  However, I was really surprised at home complimentary Dr. Oba was of me and what I was doing. Not because he is a jerk or anything just because.  I just wasn't expecting it.  He told me I looked 100% better than I did when he saw me in November (and this is with a low fever).  He said it was great that I had found a way to eat that I was happy with and was healthy.  I told the doc I felt better than I have felt in years and that I found a new love for cooking that I didn't know existed.  Even though, I am a little sick, it still turned out to be a great appointment. 

So, we have logged for 60 days straight, what is next?  Well, I reduced my calorie intake from 3300 to 2900, we will see how that works.  MyFitnessPal, took into account my plans for walking each day, my height, and weight, and end goal, into account and spit out a calorie program for me, really quick to help reach my goals!  Got to keep pushing and pushing!  I have walked all but two days in the new year!  That is awesome!!! I am doing 40 minutes a day until FEb, then we will bounce up to 50 minutes a day, and then two weeks later we go to an hour a day and twice that on Saturday =)

ugg... what an ugly morning in Pleasanton:




Looking out the windows at work, I feel like we are submerged in water or something.



Little home made dinner action last night... Chicken boob dry rubbed and spinach, onion, and bacon mix.  It tastes great and it has me eating spinach. =)


No comments:

Post a Comment