Thursday, January 8, 2015

Matters of the Heart IV: Condition NOT Critical


If you are an 80's rock fan, then you know this picture.  Just like I knew from the second I schedule the January 8, 2015 appointment, that this picture was going to be the lead in to today's blog.  However, then though, I believed that much like the name of the Quiet Riot release that I was going to be "Condition Critical".  It was my sister birthday (love you Bb and thanks for the Grateful Dead Calendar) and Christmas, but I thought we were to far down the negative path to come back.  I thought I had finally done it, I thought, I have finally destroyed my body enough, that I was going to be "Condition Critical".  Well, folks that just ain't the case!

My blood pressure was 144/80  today at the cardiologist.  Also, and more importantly, my heart was back in rhythm.  Holy fucking donkeys we got the damn thing back into rhythm.  The blood pressure is under control.  I have never seen the nurse and the doctor so happy or personable.  Also, according to the doctors scale which is not the official reading but a good judge of it, I was down another 5 pounds!  Fuck Me!  That make the total 26 or 27 in under two months.  I wanted to dance the jig right then and there.  I have to admit, I have done some good things in my time.  CPA, Double Dip at PG, Half Marathons, you name, but I don't think i have ever been as proud of myself as I was today.  I will be honest my eyes teared up a little waiting for the elevator.  No tears fell though, leaving the last time I actually cried being when Angel showed up at Buffy's prom. What can I say, I am a romantic.  

The doctor thinks it's the meds for rhythm.  Dorothy thinks it is the rest from work.  I think it's a little of everything!  I think it's the diet and adding more and more veggies everyday.  Would you believe me if I told you that eating alone last night, I ate a whole steamed bag of broccoli? What if I said I also ate a bag of sliced apples when I was feeling like I needed something sweet.  What!  That isn' the kid we know is it?  I also think the walking everyday helps!  I think getting my head straight helps!   I think it is because of this blog.  I think it's the support I get from my friends on here helps.  I think it is a mix of all of the above.  What I do know is we are going into uncharted waters.  In ten more pounds we will be the lightest I have been in two years.  That is assuming the docs scale weight holds till this weekend.  The last time I was consistently that weight was may/jun 2012.  So we are fucking getting there baby.  


I bumped into a good friend Martha yesterday and she told me I looked great for everything that was going on!  The therapist said I looked like my face was thinning out.  Rachel has told me that I look smaller.  Most important the hot chick working the desk at the therapist office told me that she had noticed.  I of course thought to myself, ya, you know that is right!  Future mack daddy in the makings here!

The doctor was super pleased!  He asked me how I felt and I said great doc!  I haven't felt this good in years! My energy is up. My eating is better.  My moods are solid!  I don't have to go back to the heart doctor for 4 months!  He took me off the stroke meds and asked me to start taking aspirin.  He toyed with taking me off the rhythm meds, but we agreed we will stay the course for now.  That is all such great fucking news!!!!  The last thing he said to me is you saved your trip to the hospital.  He thought he was going to have to jump start me.  He said he is super relieved that he doesn't have too.  I told him, I was too and I wasn't worried about the restart, I was worried about the morgue.  So what can I say but...

I'm so stoked! Really!!


However, the is a lot of fighting still to be done.  I can't just go hit the pizza buffet now.  I have to keep pushing.  Keep trying, keep getting better.  I am not at my goal yet.  So I have to just keep on keeping on.  Keep adding veggies and fruits.  Eating a colorful diet.  

The Tower is Definitely closer!!!



In other news I went to target today.  I know what you are think but Billy b, why is that news?  Because I wanted to go!  I wanted to get out of my car and walk the store.  It's been a long time since I've wanted that.  Was is 2012, when I started ordering everything on line?  Because going to the store was just to much of a burden.  I ordered everything from Amazon.  Soap, shampoo, face wash, tooth paste, hangers and tooth brush.  However today, is the first I remember that I wanted to go.  I know I've been into a target the last few years, but it was a burden.  It was work to slide in and out of the car.  It was awful.  I become such a home body and bum!  But no mas!  I went and I was excited!  Things at target seem to be the same as they have been.  Even my ability to spend over 100 bones In there when all I went in for was some soap and deodorant.  I'm not saying target is back in my weekly routine. However I will say no more ordering things on-line :-)


oh shit! I forgot the hangers... but you know what I don't care, I don't mind going back b/c I know I can get in and out of the car with ease.  I know I am not afraid to be on my feet!  

Happy Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment