Monday, January 5, 2015

Country Style Ribs w/homemade BBQ sauce

 
 
Where do Country ribs come from?  Duh, isn't obvious, they come from a country pig!  Perhaps like the one pictured above?  Some say "si" and some say "no".  Maybe it is more like this piggy:
 

 
Although that looks to be more of a hillbilly Pig, or even Ned Beatty  in Deliverance.  That poor bastard.  I am sure he did a lot of good things in acting, but I am not sure I will ever be able to get it out of my head people making him squeal like a Pig!  you know that was his first movie?  strange.  Tangent!  Tangent!  Back to the ribs.  Although, before going back I will say that people in Kentucky, still think Deliverance is a love story. 
 
Shall we get down to some Country Ribs or what?
 
- We start with onions, mrs dash, thyme, oregano, basil, honey, cayenne, black pepper, dry mustard, ground cumin, tomato paste, chicky broth, apple cider vinegar, garlic poweder (made it in by accident), and ribs!



- First we are gonna make the sauce!  I had never done this BBQ sauce before, however, in making my third version, I found this to be the thickest and the sweetest, and I like me some sweet Paleo BBQ sauce!  So we poured some olive oil into our pan, and then we added a cup of onions. 



- Then it was time to start getting the spices ready as the onions had about 15 minutes to cook. I used a medium heat then reduced, b/c my onions got a bit crispy as I like to say, or burnt as others might say, but those people are dumb. 

- Mrs D.



- Ground Cumin


- Ground Mustard making an appearance this weekend, welcome GM!



- Secret ingredient or just a picture of my pocket, who can say!  I would vote the latter!


- Hola Sweet Basil!

 
- Oregano, every time I look at you I think of the softball scene from a few good men, when Cruise tells Bacon the bag of weed was oregano.  Don't know why but there you have it.  I also think that was the last time I like cruise in a movie.  I really don't like that guy.  Could be the scientology, could be his a midget, could be all his movies are the exact same. 


- That is a good looking bunch of spice!


- What would a day in the kitchen be without Cayenne Pepper!


- I chicky broth, need 1 and 1/2 cups of you!


- Aye there be the 1.5 cups and add a little apple cider vinegar to you!

 
- Add spices to well done onions!


- Mix it up then add chicken broth ACV combo.





- Add the tomato paste


- Ah a good mix going there...



- Don't forget the Honey!


- Whisk that shit together!


- Boom!  that sauce, let it slow boil and you have a ball game!


- Get the meats ready!


- The recipe said rub it down with salt... but I don't salt, so I rubbed it down with a mrs d, garlic powder mix... I think I over GP'ed but you will have that from time to time, shit comes out fast!


- Rub that meat!  Rub that meat!


- add meat to crocked pot!


- all of it!


- Then add the sauce!

- All of it!


- set it on 8 and walk away!


- 8 hours later what do you get- BAM!


- BAM

 
- Get you a nice veggie Mix and add it to the ribs on a plate and serve and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment