Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Paleo Work Feast!



Gabe and I had a little Paleo Feast today.  See that meat right next to the juice can, that is Gabe's 13 hour brisket.  He smoked that shit to perfection.  I can't believe I am going to say this, but I loved eating his meat!  Ya, it reads just as awkward as I thought it would.  To the left of those are the sprouts he made, they are really good!  Next you to the right of my hand and those are Gabe's baked beans.  I didn't have any of those, b/c the musical fruit doesn't fit into my diet.  In my right hand I have my mashed Cauliflower, which I think tastes like Mashed Tators.   Gabe said it just tasted like mashed veggies, but agreed it was good.  Then in the bowl in my left hand was a spicy Veggie mix that I steamed in the microwave and then added olive oil, red pepper flakes, and chili powder.  Over all I ate to much brisket. 

The good news today is I got the following email from a co-worker:  "Is it my imagination or are you shrinking?"

I told her I was down 30 lbs and got this back:


"No wonder I did a double take…30 lbs is a big difference!  That’s awesome.  Keep on truckin! J

 I am going to say this and say it loud, it felt really, really good!  I needed that =)  Really, I did.  It is one of those things, that tells you to keep on going! Keep on fighting the good fight.

The Bad news though... I don't feel so great.   I don't feel like I have ever been so tired in my life as I have been the last week.  It could be the walking, but it could also be AFIB coming back.  I have felt flutters now every day for a week.  So, I quite coffee yesterday and today I feel better but still tired but flutterless for the most part, if that doesn't hold, I am calling the doctor first thing tomorrow.  I am really pissed about that though.  I feel like I am trying so hard.  I mean I get it, I do, I am really obese.  I have not taken care of myself for the last few years.  so, I get it, I understand why my health is declining but that doesn't mean it doesn't piss me off.  It makes me angry and I walk a little hard and a little farther because of it. I rethink what I add to my diet.  I am not throwing in the towel or anything I am just telling it how it is.  We will get thru this, just a rough patch on the road to recovery. 


No comments:

Post a Comment