Sunday, January 18, 2015

All Purpose Shredded Chicken for multi meals, Red Pepper Dip, and Garlic Mash... and Fajitas too?



Well yesterday was a busy day.  5 stores, 50 minute walk, and a making a few new recipes and one old one.

All Purpose Shredded Chicken:

So with last week eating out every day, I decided I needed to mix thinks up and have a chicken base I could use for anything.  Tacos, jerked, cajun, stir fry, or BBQ'ed, so I found a recipe for a base chicken shred and then Billy b'ed it up with some Rub I had left over.

However before I could get to my chicken I had to prep my Pig for today's Roast:

Take 1 Pig:



That is a good looking pig:


Rub that meat:


Flip it and rub it some more:

Add to 1 gallon zip lock bag:
Look good right:

Squeeze air out and zip lock and put it in the fridge:

Get your boobs ready for rubbing because it is back to our all purpose Chicken:

This says rub with love, but doesn't know that is the only way Billy b knows how to rub baby?

Messy, but you can tell that hand has given some good rub with love!

Nice Boobs!

Get the Pot Ready!

In the Pot, in the Pot!

A little chicky broth never hurt anyone:
A little onion action:

Garlic
Salt (or in my case onion powder) and pepper to taste:
Cover it and cook it!  Bam

High for 3 hours!


go take walk and work your ass off, over all was a brisk walk that averaged to 3mph b/c of traffic lights.  Worried heart rate sky rocketed, we will have to watch this, b/c I fear AFIB looms.

Time to get ready for the colts game tomorrow, and have to make a Red Pepper Dip for David's:

Start with 26 ounces of fire roasted red peppers and dice into small pieces:


Add to food processor with a head of garlic:


Pulse that shit!

Then Puree it!

add chopped walnuts, onion powder, and pepper and some olive oil!


Pulse it!

then process that shit till you get it a consistency you like.


Bam!  My first Dip made from scratch...  its good too, I am proud of me, but we didn't stop there, b/c I need more veggie sides!

Cauliflower Mash!

I love mashed potatoes so when Tyson once told he could make something that tasted like mashed potatoes with cauliflower, I was skeptical.  He proved me wrong, but now it was my time to learn and try it for myself!

Steam some Cauliflower.

Add it to food processor and add in some ghee, garlic, and almond milk.

Process it!


Mash it up!

Do it till you get the consistency you want in your mash!
 Have more cauliflower, then do it again!!!


And Ladies and Gentlemen we have Mashed Cauliflower!!!!!! Its good and it tastes like mashed taters too, Roommate agreed!
But people we can't stop there we have to have dinner too!!!!

So we go to an old favorite and that is the chicken fajita mix from Lunardi!  Its damn good!  Cook with some grapeseed oil!
Oh no!  Chicken is done in the pot and needs to be shredded... 

I actually had to call in a ringer to help, b.c I had to get back to my fajitas

I ate the fajitas on a butter lettuce shell with real quac from casa sanchez, and their taqueria chipotle salsa with as side salad that Roommate mixed from safeway.  It was good Shit and a nice end to a hectic day...

No rest for the wicked today, I have to do the dishes and get my pot roast ready to put in before I packed Darth Colt up and go to David's for the game!  

GO HORSE!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment