Monday, January 26, 2015

Soup's on!

 
Well after the Pancake incident yesterday, it was back to work in the kitchen.  My appetite is slowly coming back.  For example last night I ate a burger, with sweet tator fries and enjoyed company of old friends at Chili's.  It has been along time since I went to Chili's.  Even a longer time since I went there and didn't get chips n salsa.  All and all it was a pretty successful dinner, good conversation, and there realization live was harder when we didn't have phones we could google everything on to supplement our conversation and the questions that El Beav asks! 
 
Chicken Soup:
 
I decided that I want to focus on Smoothies and Soup this week.  I just want to give my tum a bit of a rest from lots of hard meat.  So, I came up with two chicken soup recipes.  One a cream of chicken, and other more of a chicken soup. 
 
I opted to make the chicken soup one, even though, I bought the ingredients for both.  The main reason I opted for the chicken soup was because I could crock pot it.  I do love me some crock potting =)
 
So we start with diced carrots and celery:
 


Add out onions.



Add some Apple Cider Vinegar. 



Some dashes in "Herbs from Provence"  I called Erbs from Providence. 



Add it in.



Pepper:


 
 
I will never buy meat at whole foods again.  This was ridiculous.  it was like 21 bucks for boobs.  I have not paid that much for boobs since Sway in Houston.  Sweet Sweet Sway and the college fund I started... um never mind.


I used Bone Broth, b/c I didn't want actual bones in my soup.  I don't like bones.  So Bone Broth was the way to go.  Sodium was pretty light in this.  I was surprised.  Some other brands had like 700 mg, this had 95 per serving.  Not to shabby. 



Pack in my high priced boobies!



Set timer for 8 hours.





Shred the chicken...

Add it back into the pot and mix it up and you have Chicken Soup.


Portion that shit out. 



Refrigerate.  Look at the smoothies pre-made as well down there.  We had two types Almond Blast and Sweet Greens.  Almond blast was almond butter, banana, and almond milk.  Sweet Greens was raspberries, almond milk, and spinach.  knowing I need greens all the time, I added a handful of spinach t the two Almond blasts as well. I believe every smoothie should have a handful of spinach.  It really doesn't add any taste and well its good for you.  =)  
Have a great week!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment