Monday, January 12, 2015

Sunday Piggy Lion! Oops, I mean....

Piggy Lion?  Apparently the above is a Piggy Lion.  However, what I actually mean was a Pig Loin.  Loin is a funny word.  It makes me giggle b/c it always makes me think of some Penthouse Letter, and how some dude made some chicks loins burn. The word is not sexy at all and apparently the loin is the part of the piggy running down its back above the rib area.  I mean I don't know that is what this anatomically correct picture shows us:
 

 
 

Thank god they pointed out the feet, I was a little confused on where those might have come from.  Also, wtf is a Picnic Pig?  And why is the Boston Butt above the shoulder?  This pig both confuses me and makes me want to go eat lunch. 


Here is my Pig Loin, not be confused again with a pig lion again, pictured above. 




This is Shiner, and she wants to eat my Pig Loin.  I am tempted to feed it to here b/c she is adorable and how do you say NO to that face.  PUPPY =)


You get the gang ready to go to work on your pig.  One small bowl for mixing.  Garlic Crushed.  Pepper, Mrs. D, and Sage.



Start with Mrs D in the bowl.


Then add the Cost Cutting Pepper!  Love me some Krogering. 


Enter the Sage.


Mix it all around. 


Sprinkle onto meat. 



Use your well trained fingers to gently rub the loin and work the ingredients in. 


The directions called for finger tips rubbing gently into the loin.  I am serious, it is what the directions said and even work into the cracks. 



Then again, perhaps we were having to much fun with the loin. 



No idea what this is.


Or this.



Flip the meat. 


Remix the rub.



Apply.


Then Garlic the fucker up the same way.


Lots of Garlic.


Working it.  Working it into the loin. 


Flip meat over and damn it is messy.


Look at those dexterous digits go!


Pack the Meat into the Pot!


Add 3/4 cup H20.


Cover it!


8 hour slow cook!



I don't know why Vader gets to come out here and watch the game, when I want to play with the Raccoon. 




Vader is going to watch the game from a standing position. 



Nice horse head!


Full on Vader Action.


Time to make some glaze!  Glaze was easy.  1 tablespoon of coconut aminos.  2 tablespoon of honey.  1/2 cup coconut flour. 


Get some bacon action going.


Nice meat once glazed.


Cooking good. 



Diced Onion in bacon grease.


Add some spinach. 


Then some more spinach. 


Final glazing.



Work the spinach. 



Cooking it down.

Get Mushrooms started. 



Mmmm Spinach.


Pork is ready!



Mushrooms are a go!


Damn!  Dinner is served!


Mom! Mom, Uncle Billy won't give me no Pig Lion!  Please Mom, please!



Great meal.  Spinach was great.  Mushrooms good too, next time I will mix the two.  Pork loin was good too.  The glazed was awesome.  Pork loin has a bit of an after taste, something, that makes it probably my least favorite cut of pig.  however, it was good. I do have concerns over reheating over the week.  However, now, I am going to warm up some teriyaki boob and have some carrots and see how that goes.  Overall very successful weekend of cooking.  Wasn't the prettiest but it all tasted great and what more can you ask for!!!! 

Back to work today :(  I like vacation better than working :D

No comments:

Post a Comment