Friday, January 9, 2015

What I learned making my first Boneless Wings....


Happy Friday People!  Late night entry from the Buddy System.  


I learned a lot of lessons tonight, as I attempted to make Paleo Boneless Wings.  Lots of things in deed. 

1.  When the recipe calls for bread crumbs, and you have no idea where to get Paleo Bread Crumbs you do your research on the internet.  You do not try to make your own.  No No No!


We started with one box of Almond Thin Crackers (up in the corner it says Paleo, well we did something right!)



We then proceed to beat the living shit out of those crackers to try and get one cup of bread crumbs.


Um... I am not sure it worked so well... 

2.  Darth Vader is an IU Fan!


3.  Follow the directions probably the person who wrote it knows a little more about it than you do.  Have you ever tried to bread something?  No.  So don't think you can do it super fast and get a well coated piece of bird:




-  Good Looking Boobs!  The guy and Lunardi's cut them into to small pieces for me.  That guy is awesome!



- Put my favorite pot on the stove



- Lined up the ingredients:  Home Make Smashed Crackers, black pepper, mrs Dash, paprika, two eggs, grape seed oil (ya right wtf), coconut flower, and organic BBQ sauce without any sugar, made with agave nector =)


- shallow dish for breading.


- 1/2 cup almond flower.



- 1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper.


- 1/2 Teaspoon Mrs. Dash.


- 1 Teaspoon Paprika.


- Looks nice!



- Mix it up!


- Two Eggs!



- Beat the bloody hell out of those Eggs.


- Are those eggs beat enough.



- Get one cup of you bread crumbs, which for me was jackass home made smashed paleo crackers.



- Set up assembly line. Now this is where I went wrong. Honestly.  The directions were clear.  Do one at a time.  Make sure you bread thoroughly.  I did that on the first two.  I powdered it up.  I dipped in egg.  I let excess drip off egg.  I breaded.  Then I got anxious.  I couldn't see me doing that for all this chicken.  Mistake Burkle!  Mistake.  See below, but basically I ended up with halve coated pieces of chicken.


- Grape seed oil.  For high cooking.  It says so.


- Apparently that is what high cooking oil looks like.



- See they aren't very breaded are they.


- Ya, not a good coating at all.


- Get BBQ sauce ready.


- Put a little BBQ in the bowl.  To get it started.


- Well the coating is sticking, NOT!



- Seriously, I could have just skipped that whole part.



- The 2nd pan went better, I learned.



- Sauce them  boobs!


- 2nd batch looked much better.



- see, not looking good at all!.



- different sauce.  Still no sugar but a honey base.  I picked it up at Sprouts.  I like its.  Good.



- Action shot?  I don't know.




- See the 2nd batch looks pretty good.  Right.




Serve w/ Broccoli and bam... you have a great meal. I mean honestly it looked back but it tasted great!  I was very pleased with my wings.  Very pleased with my broccoli too! this was the target brand, and it tasted nice, maybe a bit better than the Trader Joe's bag. I spiced it up too. I went red pepper flakes, chili powder, and garlic powder.  

What isn't pictured here.  And I have no idea why I didn't snap a photo of it, is the mess.  My God, these things are messy to make.  2 pans, 2 big bowls, 2 small dishes, two bags, crumbs that get everywhere, and sauce too... It was a mess.  However, I cleaned it all up and the kitchen looks, almost as good as after the cleaning people left today, well.. ok, it looks livable again =)

HAPPY FRIDAY !!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment