Sunday, January 25, 2015

Getting Back on that Horse...



I just want to show off my National Championship Hat that buddy at the game got me, I was forced to wear it and say go buckeyes every time someone asked me about it.

Getting back on that Horse 1/25/2015:


Sometimes, you just have to stand up after you fall down; it is after all the only way to get back up.  Did I fall down?  Is that what you call getting sick?  I don’t know is falling down the crisis of faith I had yesterday?  Interesting comment that one "crisis of faith?"  What did I have a crisis of faith with? I guess the trust and only the only answer I had to that is the one I had with myself and the belief in the path I am on.  I was using my sickness as a way to try and make it ok to slip and stumble.  I was using it a tool to prove to myself I can’t do this.  I am too weak.  I am just an addict.  Its ok.  I am sure eating carbs won’t put 35 pounds back on me, right?  I had questioned my path yesterday.  I wondered if there was another less harsh way.  I wanted to make it ok to eat pizza, and chips, and tacos, and burritos.  I am still that person.  I will always be that person to some extent.  However, I am also evolving.  As my mind grows stronger, and my body grows smaller, I am gaining wisdom and the one thing that I have lacked for most of my life, believe in the only one that truly matters me.  I think this all starts and ends with loving yourself, putting yourself first, so that you can then focus on helping, and being with people for the right reasons, not just so you can feel something.  I don’t know.  I will say this though. I am lucky.  I am.  I have the truest gift of them all, and that is the gift of friendship.  Because yesterday when I was sucking about trying to find a plan, I got two very encouraging texts from my Roommate and from Katie, you know my good buddy Chip’s wife.  I a nutshell, they both told me to stay the course it was working.  Don’t stray from the path.  That there were other options inside paleo, than just my meat and high protein path, and that I just needed to find them.  Now Katie, whom I have know since an ISU basketball game when I was 10, or was it 11, it matters little was little harsher on me than my roommate was.  Some time brutal honest tough love is the best love.  She smacked me into shape and demanded a plan.  So, a plan I gave here. I was going to take, a nap, get up, and find something to make, get my smoothie recipes together, and walk.  Simple, easy, effective, the plan was approved, and sleep never came.  However, my will to get back up did, and keep on keeping on did.  So, here we are today ready to get back on the horse, and keep marching along. 

The Pancake Incident:

Ok, I told you, I wanted carbs.  I wanted lots of carbs and the one thing I wanted the most was Pancakes.  So, I was all set to go to Cup and Saucer this a.m. and i was going to get pancakes.  My first out was trying to get Rachel to go with me, but she was still asleep.  The 2nd choice was why not  check the recipe book and see if there is a paleo pancake recipe that you have everything for already.  I struggled with it a bit and then decided to go option 2.  So, we started out following the directions, well sort of:


Coconut Flower with two eggs, now the recipe said almond flower, but I assumed all flowers are equal.  so... here we go...


 A little maple syrup, a sprinkle of salt, then we tried to mix:


It didn't go so good.  So we had the genius idea to add almond milk and at least we got something that looked like pancake batter.  However, when it went to stove:

Well not so much!  So we decided we would try a couple more:


Again, not so good.... so we sank the fucking thing:



We were not happy:


So, we thought we would go to get some pancakes at C & S, but we didn't feel so good about that, so we, went back to the drawing board, and got on our mac and started checking for recipes using coconut flower with all ingredients we have here.  

And BAM!  There was batter:



Then add some cakes:




I am not the best flipper, but why not have a try:


Good! Good!

So we kept going.

Not a good flipper at all.



and going!


Then we got brave and went big!



Good looking cake a little dark but that is ok.


And bam bam a plate of cakes.  BTW entire plate 510 calories...


And serve with some syrup and good!

I know they look a little well done and dark, but honestly, they tasted good.. I used coconut milk, vanilla, honey, coconut flower, four eggs (Shit need to get more eggs), a little salt, was there water, I don't know but they were easy... really easy.  =)

So, horse mounted, and we fell off again, but we got right back on.  Then I got bug up my ass that I did want to cook as well as blend today, so I got to recipes and well.. check back in tomorrow and for that story  as I am sure it will be good!

No comments:

Post a Comment