Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Happy Fri.... Tuesday? & Change on the horizon....


Happy TUESDAY!  What do you mean that isn't the normal rally cry for a Tuesday, is it?  I thought it was Happy Friday...  Well today is my Friday this week!  I am taking the Wednesday - Sunday off, for some much needed Billy b time.  I made the decision shortly after meeting with my Cardiologist, that I need a break from the office, to get my head into a good space.  And while I do have 5 days off, the Heart Doc did say it was best to stay local. so that is exactly what I am going to do.   I am going to chillax at home and rest, walk, maybe swim, and cook.  Just spend the time with getting ready to continue the fight we started. 

I also go to the cardiologist on Thursday for a check up.  I wish I could say I was going in with loads of confidence and that we had turned a corner.  Last week I even thought we had, I didn't think twice about my ticker for two or three days last weekend.  However, Sunday it started to flutter, and by Monday afternoon I knew my BP was up.  I took it twice at home.  The first time I got 160/105 and I almost shit myself.  I waited and relaxed on the couch for about 10 minutes and took it again and got 140/86 so who knows if my cuff reads anywhere close to accurate.  what I do know is my heart rate sitting down both times was in the 90's and that seams high.  My heart rate monitor tells me I am normally in the 80's.  I am probably just freaking myself out, but I am concerned the BP isn't coming down and I know it is still up b/c I can feel the clinching in my jaws.  The doc will show us the way on Thursday. 

I also noted there is change on the horizon.  After a year and two months my roomie is moving on and taking Puppy with her.  I am both happy and heartbroken over the change.  My roommate showed me the path to Paleo, she has always been one of my biggest supporters, and a great friend.  She always continues to make me challenge what I am doing and if I am working hard enough to reach my goals.  What can I say about Puppy.  Knowing I didn't take good enough care of myself to walk her everyday is just another one of the many reasons I continue to push to get better.  She was my tag team partner and friend always listening to me when I talked to her.  I will miss both of them, but am also excited to start the next chapter of my life too.

Decisions have to be made now.  What do I do with the extra space? Do I bring the futons back in?  Do I trash them?  Do, I get a guest bed?  Do I turn the extra bed room into a lounge?  Do I get a smoker for the back porch?  Mostly, the biggest question I am facing right now is.... Do I get a dog of my own.  Shiner was a life changer.  It was nice to have some to come home too.  It was good to have a reason to come home.  Am I ready to take on such a responsibility when I have only taken care of myself for 50 days?  None of these have to be answered now and won't be.  Again, I have five days to rest and meditate on such things and still, nothing has to be decided.  They leave the last weekend of this month, and even if I have decided nothing by then, it is ok we have time. 

Thanks Rommie and Puppy for being such good friends and roommates, I wish you all the best and am excited for you in 2015 b/c it is going to be your year!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment