Tuesday, June 10, 2014

...let the Wookiee win.



“RRWWWGG.” - Chewbacca, Return of the Jedi
 
“WAGRRRRWWGAHHHHWWWRRGGAWWWWWWRR.” - Chewbacca,The Empire Strikes Back
 
"Uuuuuuuuur Ahhhhurrrr, Uhrrrr Ahhhhurrrr, Aaaarhg..."
- Chewbacca
Well like I said yesterday do or do not there is no try.  So, I am doing it.  I don’t care that is January 15 – 18th.  I don’t care that I might not make the cut off.  What I care about is being part of something that I truly think will be awesome.  So let us begin shall we?  So enter the Crawl:
STAR WARS: Race #1 Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend
A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away....
In a short time to come, in a galaxy not so far, far away (LA really aint that far, another Galaxy as compared to NorCal, yes, but Far away not so much)….

It is a period of civil war in the Kids Head. Healthy vibrations are, striking from the for front of his mind, have won several little battles towards leading a happy and healthier life, and started crack the very foundation the evil Black Dread has been built on. 
During this battle, the Kid managed to get up the courage to control the Black Dread head on, and embrace his full potential by signing up for the Star Wars Half Marathon presented by Sierra Nevada.  He will destroy the Black Dread’s ultimate plan, which is to cripple his body by continuing to put on weight. 
Pursued by the Black Dread’s sinister agents (Depression, Binge Eating, and Loss of Hope), Billy b plans to run the race of his lifetime. So that he can ensure peace, happiness, and health in his mind, and freedom to the galaxy… 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Honestly, I am going to give it hell and do the best I can.  My best Marathon ever was a 17 minute mile.  I will have to dig deep and walk my ass off, literally, but do or do not there is no try!  It is on.  I have to keep walking.  Continue to eat better and make better choices.  I got this.  I do.  F’ the tri at PG this summer, it may or may not happen, the bike is still a bitch for me.  The ride in Napa, I will do what I can.  However, walking, I got.  Getting Healthy I got.  It is time to put on my game face and it time to be the best Billy b, I can be.  My time is now. 
In case any of you missed it, I am signed up for the Star Wars Half Marathon:
Sunday, January 18, 2015
5:30 a.m.
Start/Finish: Disneyland® Resort
 
The Star Wars Half Marathon Highlights
·         Timed Half Marathon race
·         13.1-mile course through Disneyland® Resort and the surrounding areas
·         Star Wars Characters, Disney Characters and Entertainment on-course
·         Family Reunion Area with live entertainment and characters at the Finish Line
·         Race within walking distance when you stay at a Disneyland® Resort Hotel
·         Event transportation included when you stay at select Anaheim Area Hotel
 
Star Wars Half Marathon Race Participants Receive
·         Commemorative Finisher Medal*
·         Champion® Long-Sleeved Tech Shirt in Women's or Men's Cut*
·         Official Digital Event Guide
·         iGiftBag
·         Personalized bib (Must register before October 10, 2014 for name to appear on bib)*
·         On-course and post-race refreshments
·         ChronoTrack B-tag timed race with live runner tracking signup for friends and family
·         Personalized results website
 
 
Thursday, January 15, 2015
9:30 p.m. - 11:30 p.m.
Location: Disneyland® Park
Kick off your Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend with your fellow Jedi's at the Star WarsWookiee Welcome Party!
 
The Star Wars Wookiee Welcome Party features:
·         Private Party in Tommorrowland
·         Character Meet & Greets with Star Wars Characters and Classic Disney Characters in Star Wars Outfits
·         Entertainment
·         Dessert Reception
·         Select Attractions open including Space Mountain and Star Tours – The Adventures Continues, Astro Orbitor, and Buzz Lightyear Astro Blaster*
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment