Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Page 118



Book of 2016
- Page 118 -



There were a million reason I couldn't go.  Not done with forecast.  Feel bad leaving my staff.  It was month end.  I could always catch the class next time around, since this topic would repeat.  I am just to busy.  I am tired.  I know what to do.  The list goes on and on and well, on.  

However, at 4:43 p.m. I stood up from my desk.  Told everyone I would be back in an hour and I left and went to class.  Of course, I drove right by the building and got lost, I mean why wouldn't that happen.  It is par for the course when it comes to billy b isn't it, luckly for me I knew the next parking lot down had a secret cut over and so I used it.  I arrived just on time at 5 p.m.  I went to the office, not having a clue where I was supposed to go and wondered aimlessly around for about for a few minutes.  

Then a nice lady at the office told me she would weigh me in, b/c weighing in was part of a weight loss class.  she weight me in and the scale did all sorts of funny ups and downs.  At one point I was thinking holy fuck I gained 20 lbs, but then it settled itself and went back down.  I had dropped a pound.  Its not great, but hey, with the week I had last week and this week and some of the cheating I did (I kept putting my start day off 1 day) I was pleased.  Which reminds me CANCEL Weight Watchers subscription, that is money in your pocket.  They took me over to the meeting.

I was like no worries I will grab a place in the back.  However, they were all gone.  So, I said fuck it, I will go sit up front.  I read in a book some where you should always sit up front.  I don't remember why.  They just said to do it.  I tried to google it, I couldn't find it.  Maybe I made it up.  Anyway, I sat up front. 

Jen was teaching the class.  Looking at the first slide, I was like oh well here we go again.  I have already seen this shit before.  I shouldn't have left work to come.  However, I found myself being drawn into the class.  She talked about why we did the low carb thing, which Tyson explained to me on Sunday but I still found it interesting.  The goal is to put yourself into a state of ketosis.  This apparently is when the body stops burning sugar for energy and starts really using fat.  I was sitting there thinking on the fat fuel scale I am fucking nuclear power factory or the sun even.    She spoke about how eating to many carbs slows down the process and if you cheat you will not see the gain and probably just end up quitting anyway.  She didn't say you can never cheat, but she said really stick to the first two weeks and get thru the change.  I was like man, I am a week in and I should have done that, stupid me.  Then I thought don't get down on yourself fine sure.  You did something right over that time, because you went down not up.  However, after listening to the reasons for eating non-starchy vegetables and eating more fat and protein, I was like fuck ya, this makes sense to me.  Lets burn all my fuel off.  So it is really time to buckle down.  I mean each day I have gotten better, so it's not like I am strung out on the carbs, it is just a few here an there, but still I want to do better.  I want to get this weight off.  So every time I have a sore rib or something I don't think I am going to have the big one.  Plus, I want to fit into places, be healthy, and happy. 

The rest of the class was pretty cool.  A lot of if i already knew or had heard before.  Nothing I am learning or reading is really that new to me.  I have heard it all before some where before, but I enjoyed.  We talked about veggies.  Why i can't eat carrots, and why beans shouldn't be part of the plan right now either.  Me not eating beans is probably a good thing for the world, less methane to eat up the ozone.

I came back to work, cranked out some work and now I think it is time to head home.  So, a really exciting day today!!!   

No comments:

Post a Comment