Friday, April 15, 2016

Page 106

Book of 2016
- Page 106 - 


Another Life

This picture showed up on my phone today.  It was sent from the third amigo who is being played in the picture by Ronald McDonald.  I can't remember when this trip to Cabo was.  I almost think it had to be 2004 because I was about 300 lbs back then.  It really does seem like a life time ago.  I remember the trip was supposed to be me and my two best buddies and their wives.  However, my good buddy Chip or Ronald in the picture couldn't make it.  Something to do with him being a McDonald's owner operator.  I can't remember if there was a fry shortage, or if he was trying to bring the McRib back, or if it was back when they were trying to figure out what do with Grimace.  I still wonder today why Grimace got the works?  It is sort of like Pluto, it is just messed up.  No, but anyway Chip bailed on Poog and I last minute, so the three of us went down to Cabo and we had a blast.  Anyway, one day when we were walking we came across Ronald just chilling on a park bench and we knew we had to get a picture with him. We had Poog's wife snap the picture and then we framed it, and sent it to him with a note saying glad you could make it after all!   

I remember the trip was a great time and I actually ate really well too. I was still doing weight watchers and having success.  Hell, I was even clean shaven which is something I know hasn't happened since 2009 now.  It was another life.  Looking back it was a good life.  What I wouldn't do to be 170 pounds lighter.  Things you can do at that weight you can't do at my current weight are day and night.  I walked everywhere.  Not only did I walk everywhere I wanted to walk everywhere.  I could fit into one seat on a plane and not hang over it.  I could sit in any chair that I came across.  The list goes on and on.  

So the question becomes what do you do to get back there?  What are you doing to get back there.  I am starting trying to get 10,000.  I walk every morning for at least 20 minutes.  Then I walk for 10 or 15 when I get home at night.  I am eating 3 meals a day no snacks.  Meals aren't always the best they could be, but I am working on that.  I start next week in a program with Stanford and I am looking forward to that.  I have high hopes.  There is some fear but there is also a longing to get the journey fully underway and get back in front of this fight. 

I am willing to work at this because I want another life.  A life that I think I had a piece of before, but didn't really understand and appreciate.  I want a life of movement and joy.  I want to work hard and play just as hard.  I want a life where I can race again.  When I say race, I mean really race, I am not talking about doing the swim and the walk.  I want to do it all.  

Damn it, I keep getting interrupted.... stupid work, making me work....  HAPPY FRIDAY!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment