Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Confession


Dear Valued Reader:

I was too much of a coward last night to make a confession.  I broke last night and I binged.  If the buddy system is going to work, then I have to be 100% honest.  I can’t hide the things that are bothering.  I can sit here and make all types of excuses.  However, last night, I didn’t want to succeed. After a disagreement over a project at work, and staying at work until like 8 something being moral support and a guiding hand, I just didn’t want to deal with anything and by the time I got home I had no hope and extremely less discipline.  Even know I had a fridge full of food, I still failed I found myself at In and Out Burger and in the drive thru, I broke.  I order a meal… then I decided to Extra Burgers would make this just a perfect night.  I had life lines I chose not to use them.  I don’t know why.  I never talk about my binges.  I never tell anyone about them.  I do it and I have already expressed the mind numbing quality the fix gives me.  I can sit here and say that I am an addict.  I have problem with food.  However, the truth is I just failed.  This journey is not and can never be a straight-line.  I will have ups and downs, strikes and gutters, and I will fail.  I will have bad nights, but I have to talk about them and understand them.  Understand what leads me to them.  Last night I was upset, that I got pulled into a project, b/c all the shit at my company rolls into the cube of the one person in finance that actually has a clue of what is going on.  I also get the feeling that people put this all at my feet. I have always said I do the best I can. I work my ass off.  I do the best job I can.  When I know there is a mistake I fix it. However, since joining this circus I have been spread thin, like butter over to much bread.  There have always been around 22 or 23 holes in the damn and I only have 10 fingers and 10 toes to plug them with.  So that means there will always be holes that I can’t cover.  Maybe that is me and in my mind.  Maybe, I am just to self-conscious and not confident enough in myself to deal with it.  Also, I am tired of all the fucking politics, people trying to get into my business that shouldn’t be getting into it.  so I was tired and depressed and I was weak.    So I failed. 

How could I have not failed? 

1.       Go to the pool.  I should always have swimming gear in my car.

2.       Write in my blog

3.       Reach out to a friend

4.       Read my blog and remember that I am doing this for me.

Also, what I have to understand and even though I failed, the most important thing is what happens is what happens today.  What happens now?  The first thing I did was log my binge.  I don’t normally do that.  So that is a huge step forward.   Two log today.  Just because I failed last night doesn’t mean that I can’t still have a successful week.  3 Get to the pool tonight and work off the binge.  My bag is packed.  I have to change my life or I won’t be along to live it.  I want to change my life.  I want to live.  I choose life.  So, here I am and hear my confession.  Understand that one slip doesn’t make a complete failure.  Weight Watchers actually speaks about this in meetings and on the website.  So, I will stand back up today because it is a new day and it is beautiful and wonderful.  I will get by and I will survive.  I WILL PICK MYSELF UP AND MOVE FORWARD. 

I CAN DO THIS!

Billy b

1 comment:

  1. I have a confession:

    So as I was driving home last night from the gym.. it's around 8:10 pm... I'm dead tired. Just came from a 9 hour workday and then a 1 hr hard cardio workout. I know by the time I get home it's 8:30 and here I am thinking about dinner for Chris and I. Now the night before (when I actually had the time) I made Chicken Pesto; put it in the fridge to mix it with pasta tonight. That was the plan. But I'm soOO tempted to just stop by In-N-Out since it's right there on my way and that way I can actually get home, eat, sleep on time and not worry about anything else. The thought ran through my head over and over again as soon as I pulled out of the gym aaaaaall the way to In-N-Out and as I came to the Stop Sign... it was decision time. I stopped at the stop sign, looked left, looked right and then I moved. Moved on that is. I figured yes I'll be hating myself for the rest of the night as I'm making dinner at home but you know what.... it's worth it. I just worked my butt off at the gym and I already had a plan, and I'm sticking to it. I may not have realized it last night cuz I was so out of it but today, I feel soO good and happy about the choice I made. Lesson learned: stick to your plan – even if you have the worst day of your life. Your body will thank you the next day! =)

    ReplyDelete