Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Page 145



Book of 2016
- Page 145 -

Today was a good day.  After 8 days of not getting up and walking around, Dad couldn't sit still today. He kept trying to get up on his own while Mom was at the grocery store.  I was nervous at first, but then I helped get him up and then I was having trouble catching up with him.  He was a man on a mission. It was great to get to spend the whole day with him. I am beat though. I am seeing two screens right now. 

I have so much shit on my mind right now about what is important and what isn't.  What is worth giving time to and what is not worth giving time to.  I am very frustrated with certain aspects of my life and weighing if they are really as important as I thought they were and if i need to deal with the bullshit anymore.  That is a world away right now, I will figure out what I am doing with the rest of my life at another time.  I just shouldn't be worried about that right now, I can't.  What will be will be.and nothing is set in stone. 

Now for the lead in picture, that is just not me celebrating my mom returning from the grocery store and me enjoying all the spoils of her shopping efforts.  No, that isn't it at all.  That is me carrying in all the groceries that Mom bought today.  I did it without even being asked to do it.  I mean part of hte reason I came home was to help, so I had best do that right.  There is a story that goes along with that picture.  One that is quit funny or sad I guess depending on your point of view. I was a "lazy" child, however,  I would argue that I wasn't lazy, I just tried to think of ways of getting out of work, or to make work easier for myself.  So as a child I never wanted to help carry in the groceries.   I mean Carol was shopping for 5 or 6 people and that was a lot of groceries not to mention the plethora of diet cokes that this house hold consumed then.  It was a shit load.  So, each time we would come home from Sam's or the Kroger, I would announce that I had to poop and I would run into the house and hide in the bathroom until the work was done.  So, I think my mom and dad both fell out of there chairs today when I started hauling in groceries.  I also made damn sure Mom took a picture and sent it to the my brothers and sisters so they would know that I actually wasn't hiding in the bathroom when mom got home from the store!  Although, I did walk in and tell mom and dad after the third load I brought in that I would have to go poop and couldn't help and they both just looked at me...   I think they missed my humor or it wasn't funny either way...

Had a little swim tonight with Brody (in back giving me bunny ears), Brinlee and little Rocco: 
 

It was good times and Doc watched us swim from the kitchen, so we played in the deep end. 



No comments:

Post a Comment