Saturday, February 6, 2016

Page 37






They'd been hyping the game all week on talk radio.  Curry had made some comment about a good weekend with back to back wins, one for him and one for Cam.  OKC was pissed and probably rightfully so.  I thunk to myself a few times I should try and get tickets, see if the company had any.  However, I never did, I just assumed they'd be taken.  However being in the right place at the right time and asking asking landed me a ticket to the big game.   Work David said it would be the game of the year and I had to go.  

To be honest I didn't want to go.  Mainly bc it's so not me to go.  I don't leave the house on weekend nights.  I might run around all day, but never on weekend nights.  Plus I'd planned to start cooking today, and sleep.  Mostly sleep.  

However a talk with a friend reminded me that I wanted more out of life than the couch.  So, I decided by end of day Friday I'd go. 

Waking up Saturday I asked myself why I had decided to go.  It was not easy.  I'd have to alter my schedile.   I was annoyed but I needed to get out of the house.  I need to get a life.  So, I stopped being a pussy and was gonna go.

I decided to leave my house soon as the grocery shopping was done.  Cooking will commence at 8 am tomorrow, super Sunday or not kids got eat during the week and the more real food the better.  

So I decided to leave at 4:00 or a little there after.  Boy was I wrong about when to leave.  It took me over two hours to get here.  I'm not gonna lie I spent the entire car ride trying to talk myself into going home.  Each exit I wanted to get off and go back.



To make thing worse when I got here for the 6 o'clock game at 6:10 all the parking was gone.  So I ended up in over flow parking.  A mile away from the stadium and uphill from it😱

Again I wanted to go home, but I didn't.  I got out and I walked my mile to the stadium.  

I'd be lying if I didn't tell you the entire walk I cussed the people who told me to go to the game.  I hurt.  I kept thinking I used to walk halves.  I'm pissed about walking a mile.  It was a good reality check for me, bc that is pretty sad.  It also made me angry.  Angry bc it's like I've given up.  Like I enjoy having a less than good life.  I want to know why I'm so willing to settle.  In my personal life, in my professional life, in my life period.  It really pisses me off!  

I made into the game.  It's an awesome scene.  I'm trying not to think about the walk back. Just enjoying a Saturday night basketball game.  Happy my friends told me to come.  

I'm really done settling.  I'm tired of having less a life than I deserve.  

It's time for a new way of thinking.  It's time for a new life.  It's time to let go of the baggage.  All of it!  It's to to stop throwing spaghetti to see it it will sticks. Stop selling myself for less than I deserve.  Making myself appear to be a needy pathetic person.  I'm angry but it is a good anger!  A needed anger!  It's time to change and

Go Warriors!

No comments:

Post a Comment