Sunday, June 21, 2015

Rogue Challenge: Day 1 – The Crawl



Rogue Challenge Day 1: 3.2 miles at 3 mph in 62 minutes, this is our starting point.  
Food: Had coffee and a bagel today, we won't do that again as it made me very sick to my tum.  So it is back to the RESET Challenge for me.  

Bloggers Note: for the uneducated a definition of the “THE CRAWL”:  The opening crawl is the signature device featured in every film of the series. It opens with the static blue text, "A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away....", followed by the Star Wars logo and the crawl text, which describes the backstory and context of the film.




Episode 22

ROGUE CHALLENGE
  
A long time ago, in a galaxy far,  far away....

 It is a period of change.  Billy b, aka Rogue 22, has decided to take on the world of Endurance Athletics once again, he has won his won his first victory on the road to recovery and endurance athletics by completing a 30 day RESET Challenge which was he was guided through by RESET Master Yoda Chrissy.

During the RESET Challenge, Rogue 22, along with his co-work General Sundev Solo, aka Rogue 27, managed to sign up for not one but two races at Disneyland called the Rebel Challenge.  This two day event covers 19.3 miles over 24 hours with the reward of being able to call yourself a Rebel finisher afterwards.  The Race has a 16 minute mile race pace, which will be challenging; however, the overall journey is what Rogue 22 is really after.

Rouge 22 has decided that to help prepare for the race, he would enlist the help of former Walking Master Janna Clark to help build him a race training program to help push him beyond the limits of his current physical endurance.  Also, he has decided to follow the teaching the of Master Yoda Chrissy and go back on the RESET Challenge for another 3 months starting tomorrow.  There will be no coffee, no cheese, no sugar, for him as he tries to bring balance to the force and his own god self.  He believes with the right combination of diet and exercise he can, shave the time off his pace and move to a run walk that just might get him to the finish line.  With the ultimate goal of bringing endurance events back in his galaxy....

Um .. ya so basically we have some racing to do:
 Star Wars 10K
Disneyland® Resort
Saturday, January 16, 2016 
Star Wars Half Marathon
Disneyland® Resort
Sunday, January 17, 2016

Also the Rouge Challenge as I am calling it, is following the RESET Challenge Eating plan for the next three months (and probably for the rest of my life) with a few cheat days planned in advance for things that might come up from time to time but only once a month or so.  Plus, the training for the Rebel challenge which are the races listed above.  I have my work cut out for me but never say never.  If the mind can conceive and believe, then it can achieve.  But as I said above this is all about the journey on the Highway to hell, no no, not hell, the Highway to Health and Happiness.  I think this is the next evolution point for me.  Another guy at work tried to talk me out of doing the half marathon b/c he kept saying it is 13.1 miles, and I was like yes, I know, I have done that 9 times already.  This isn't my first dance with dragons and it won't be my last.  I feel like the force or KA or destiny is with me.  I feel like my time is now.  I think it is the time of Rogue 22 and this is this Challenge the Rogue Challenge is going to be something quit awesome I am sure.  I came off the RESET Challenge with to much momentum to loose.  I can't stop now.  There is no turning back.  There is no looking back.  The time of Billy b is now, I am more sure than ever, I am exactly where i need to be in my life right now. It is time to stand and be true.  Even is this is the worst crawl I have ever written :)  I know it is my time.  


Btw, don't my shoes totally look like R2-D2 colors?

And that isn't even planned, I just pulled them out of the closet today and they just sort of matched up.  They are like twinkies, which gives me an idea... for the race



hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

No comments:

Post a Comment