Wednesday, June 10, 2015

RESET Challenge: Day 22 - El diablo me obligó a hacerlo

 
I will never know why I do some things.  I think that is the nature of life sometimes.  Why sometimes something feels like such a great idea, so you go for it and do it.  Then, looking back you realize, not so much.  There was the yoda letter to the ILM begging for a job in Yoda speak.  There was texting in walking and falling down and breaking my arm.  there was the morning I decided it would be a good idea to through a half full cup of coffee my window and into the big trash can my garage and never thinking if I miss it might just splatter all over the place and there are two wet suits in the garage with coffee stains.  I mean the list could go on and on.  Late nights texts, tequila shots, eating burger king before a bike ride all of these things are just dumb things to do. 
 
So, here I was this morning on the 22nd day of my cleanse.  Got to give a shout out to the ole number 22, it is my favorite after all, I see it is a good luck sign.  Anyway, there I was, feeling great this a.m.  I am not sure why.  Maybe it was because I was out of bed by six and done with my walk by 6:30.  It could have been that I was 26 seconds faster today than yesterday on the exact same walk.  It could have been I dressed for success for today.  Dark Kaki slacks, blue shirt, actually tucked it in, brown shoes, belt that fits.  Maybe it was I was just feeling good about life in general, which has been really good of late. 
 
So there I was cooking my 1 egg ommie this a.m.  It was cooked well, looked like it was ready to flip.  I picked up the pan and I turned it right.  The ommie slid.  I turned it left.  The ommie slid.  I set the pan down and started to look around for a spatula and that is when the idea hit me.  and I swear it must have been an idea from down below. 
 
Before I could think through what I was going to do it was done.  I picked up the pan,  I slide the ommie left and right again and it slide just perfectly.  So, I brought it back to center and before I could really think about it I attempted to flip the ommie like a pancake. And well.... It didn't work so well. 
 

 
I got egg and diced peppers everywhere.  It was a mess.  Some egg got on the burner and just kept on cooking.  I laughed. I laughed long and crazily.  Because I wasn't made, I thought it was fun and all I could think was  "El diablo me obligó a hacerlo", "El diablo me obligó a hacerlo"  or the Devil made me do it!  That is what I thought the entire drive up here to Dublin.  Was the Devil made me do it.  However, somewhere between San Jose and Dublin it became El diablo made me do it, then I was like I bet that looks pretty cool in Spanish =)  So I googled it and it does "El diablo me obligó a hacerlo"

No comments:

Post a Comment