Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Tortilla!


If at this point you have not figured out how much I love eating Mexican, I don't think you ever will.  Truly, I love eating Mexican, and I don't get to as much as I used too.  My path and love for Mexican food was a long and hard one.  For years the only Mexican restaurants I knew of were Chi Chi's and Taco Casita and neither were at the top of my list.  I think I have said before that refried beans and guacamole used to make me want to throw up.  I couldn't even look at them.  Then I didn't really like tomatoes and sour cream so taco's weren't my bag either.  When my parents would take me to Chi Chi's I spent most of my time gagging and wishing I was at McDonald's.  It all changed on a Sunday night dinner with my future brother-in-law Tom.  He ordered this dish, call Fajitas.  It had steak, and I liked steak.  It had, cheese, and cheese is good.  Onions, and those are good.  It had peppers, but I could ignore those because I could pick around them, b/c the fajitas came with these tongs.  I think the discovery of the fajitas changed my life in a lot of ways.  Because now I could see everything that went into what I was eating.  I didn't have to worry if there was snot looking stuff, or gross poop looking things people called beans.  Didn't have to worry about peppers either.  It just wasn't an issue because, I was in control.  I think that night at Chi Chi's I was introduced to the Tortilla for the first time, but it wouldn't be the last.  My love of Fajitas soon led me to explore and discover other Mexican food.  Including Refried beans and guacamole becoming my favorite things, although, I still normally abstain from Bell Peppers.  So, I go back to my opening statement, I love to eat Mexican, all kinds of Mexican, and as often as I can.  I have had fajitas meat since going Paleo, however, I feel like the fajitas are lonely without the tortilla.  When I first started Paleo I was terrified of the idea of trying to make my own.  However, after success with Pancakes, and French toast, and many of the other things I have made, including cheese, I figure, you know what I am going to make tortillas so my fajitas aren't lonely anymore =)   So, last night that is just what I did, and for 6 8" tortillas, for 369 calories, isn't to shabby. 
 
Unrelated this is my new view in the new office at work... not to bad.  Not as good as a window but I do get to see everyone who goes into and out of the bathroom corridor and I have started a beating racket of who is going 1 or 2, it is decided by when they walk out and me asking how it came out and how embarrassed they get!


Unpacked Cap!


Fat guy in a little shirt!  I stole someone's T-shirt and put it on!



Start with four eggs:
 

Then a little coconut oil, put it in hot water and it liquids up. 


Then a cup of arrow root flower.  Whatever the fuck that is. 


Then two teaspoons of Coconut flour. 


Then you beat, just beat, (and yes, I forgot the two teaspoons of water, but I added them as I beat it) and for once I am talking about beating my batter not myself.  HAHAHA:


I transferred the batter into a measuring cup so that I could figure out what 1/6 was, and it turns out it was about 1/4 of a cup, maybe a little less, but 1/4 was in the ball park:


Add 1/4 cup in an 8 inch pan:


Flip and it starting to look like a tortilla:


And boom, it is a tortilla!


Number 2 was a work of art, and I am talking about the 2nd tortilla not what I would be doing after dinner.  That is potty humor people and I love it:


Yes, the deuce was very nice indeed:


Not to bad right:

Number 3 had issues:


How ever 4, 5, and 6 came out really, really nice:


But then you had to make something to put in the tortilla:


One pound of chicken boob fajitas meat from Lunardi's sounds about right:


Add some grape seed oil to the pan and get to work:


Cook that meat!  Cook that meat!!!!



Looking good, looking good!!!



All done and it looks great!


Get your dinner table ready: Salsa (Casa "Dirty" Sanchez), tortillas, chicken boob, and cashew sour cream cheese:


Get your tortilla out:


Add a little Cashew Cream:


Salsa to taste:


Add boob:


Look it roles really nice:


But the verdict will be in the taste:



Ok believe it or not this pics are not me trying to be Pop-eye but rather me trying to show my pleasure with the tortilla... but well I think I should not have take a picture with my mouth full =)




Because frankly, I look funny, but I loved the tortillas, they were great and they are a great add to my Paleo arsenal!  Yay, I can have Mexcian again, the way I like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment