Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Sunday Afternoon in San Jose


 
One of the hardest things for me on Paleo is those afternoon meals, when you are out and about.  Or busy and don't want to go to a sit down restaurant.  You can't just go grab a burger or a subway, b/c most of that shit is garbage, and even in and out, well is still in and out. So, what am I to do at 1 p.m. on a Sunday?
 
I sort of wanted pizza, but I wasn't going to have real pizza.  That was no good.  I didn't want to take the time to make a crust, I know it is only 45 minutes, but that is 45 minutes I didn't have.  Then I got an idea, a wonderful idea.  I had heard of making weight watcher pizzas out of tortillas.  I knew how to make tortillas.  So why not bang out a quick tortilla pizza. 
 
So, I mixed up my tortilla batter.  And warmed my pan with coconut oil. 
 

Instead of making 3 8' inch tortilla's I decided to make on big one!



Ok, so flipping my first giant tortilla didn't go as planned and it got a little bent up.  But who cares.   


Then I added this sugar free pizza sauce that I found at Whole Foods.  It's actually pretty nice, I normally make my own sauce.  But again, trying to do something quick. 


Toss on some Almond Cheese. 


Than Bake that shit!  The tortilla didn't stiffen up, and I can play with that more, however, it still tasted pretty damn good and was a good quick meal =) & I was really happy that I came up with a new idea and tried it out. 


I  also organized my shelves. 


I have a lot of tomato paste =)  Like 12 cans of it, but it is used for the sauce, the ketchup, well most of what I cook. 


Then I organized my spices.  The ones that I used all the time rotated to the front, so I am not pushing and moving them all around looking for something. 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment