Monday, February 9, 2015

It ain't easy being Cheesie!







2/8/2015 - It's getting cheesie around here....


I love cheese.  I have always loved cheese.  So, when I found almond vegan cheese, I started to think, can't I make my own almond cheese.  I mean the cashew cheese was ok.  The vegan almond cheese was great!  So, I was like why not.  It's Sunday, it is raining, what else do I have to do.  So, I came across three cheese recipes, one I could not do b/c I didn't have a nut cheese bag, whatever that is.  The other two, I was an Almond Cream Cheese, and a Cashew Sour Cream, which isn't technically, a cheese, but I think of it that way and this is my blog so piss off!


Start with some Raw Almonds:





A cup to be exact:



Soak the for 8 Hours:





Then you get the cashew ready, three cups to be exact, and you soak those for 4 hours




Get out your trust Food Processor this for the cashew sour cream:



Add some lime:



Then you squeeze that shit fresh:



Then you blend:



Push it down and blend:



And you Blend:



And finally you get something that resembles sour cream, sort of: 






Then it is almond cream cheese time:



Then you have blanch those almonds:




Ten Minutes later you are peeling them.  Now you peel them by pushing on one end and they shoot, literally shoot out the other.  It was pretty fucking amazing:



Ok, ok, I used an old envelope to put the shells in, and that is because I was tired, I had already sat down on the couch, and I forgot a bowl to put them in, my legs hurt so bad from swimming three days in a row.  I know it is awful and lazy, but what can I say:





Finally, all peeled and ready to go:



So we go back to the Food Processor which has been all cleaned up:



Add your Almonds:



Add a little apple cider vinegar:



Juice of lemon:



Home made paleo pizza is done, have to take that out of the oven:



Then we start to blend:



Tap it down and blend:



Add a little coconut oil and blend:



Tap it down and blend some more:



And you blend:



Tap it down and blend:



Tap it down and blend:



When it is smooth you scrape it out:






Then you realize that you don't have your smoothies done for the week, so you have to crank those out. 




I am trying really hard to add a picture of my sandwich, where I added the cream cheese to it, and it made it fucking awesome!  But my loner computer isn't being very nice.    so I did it from the phone, that is a good paleo sandwich and I am excited about eating Mexican tonight with home made tortilla's.  I love eating Mexican!!!!











No comments:

Post a Comment