Saturday, February 14, 2015

My Secret Valentine's Day Wish that Came True: 90 Days of living Paleo



Ok, so I know what you are thinking this guy is going to talk about his secret valentine day wish and the show a 5 gallon jug of water, this dude has issues!  However, did you know that a 5 gallon jug of water weighed about 38 pounds?  Did you know as of 91 days ago, I had been carrying the equivalent of that around with me ever day, every where I went?  Its true.  I did. I tried to walk with that, ride with that, and swim that on me every day, everywhere I went for the last two years.  It is a fact.

I know that as of today, I weigh less than I have in a long time.  I lost two pounds last week.  and that put me at 436.4, 1.4 pounds lighter than I was when Mom Carol came out and cooked for me for a month back in April of 2013.

I have been doing the paleo thing for 90 days of today, and today is Valentine's day, and I wanted nothing more for this day than to be lighter than I was in April 2013, and I made that dream, goal, or wish whatever you will call it come true.  By watching what I put into my body and moving as much as I could.

Speaking of moving since last Wednesday I have banged out 8900 yard/meters swimming.  I swam a 1200 Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday.  My body is tired from all the swimming and I ended up falling back asleep this morning and sleeping till 11.  I feel so refreshed though and there might be a visit to the pool tonight.

there isa huge difference between February 14, 2015 and the April Mom Carol stayed with me and that is, that I am making this happen, on my own, and for myself.  Mom was out here helping me try to get on the right path, but I wasn't ready. I didn't take any ownership of it. I let her do all the cooking, and I basically stayed out of the kitchen.  Well now I don't have to hide from the kitchen.  I have made so much progress in there from pancakes, to pizza, to tortilla's to paleo pigs that are to die for.  I have made cheese.  I have made omelets, and I am making ice cream this weekend, that is right you heard me, banana ice cream anyone, yes, please I will have that.

My life has changed so much in the last 90 days. I feel so much better.  Don't get me wrong, I am still really scared about my heart, and constantly wondering if I am having a stroke or a heart attack.  However, most of the time, I am keeping busy, and pushing the limits in the kitchen.  I love it, and I firmly believe right now there isn't anything I can't do in there. I think each week I have to try something new.  The one thing, I did this week that I would have never thought about doing, and not only did I do it, but I fucking nailed it was this.

I came home from work on Thursday, frustrated and angry.  Things didn't go my way and I didn't get what I wanted for my hard work, oh well, it happens. So, what did I do, I crank out a pizza.  a little bacon cheese burger number.  I at half of it.  Then, I got up and went to the pool and banged out 1200 yard/meters.  I would have never thought I was capable of coming home, cooking, eating, then going to the pool working out and basically being awesome!!!  However, I was.

I no longer freak out if I don't have everything ready for every meal, b/c I know that I have the tools to make something I enjoy when I get home.  Pizza, fajitas, wings, whatever, I can do it.

So, the last 90 days have truly been life changing.  I have lost a lot of weight, one 5 gallon jug worth. Don't get me wrong, there is still a ton to do.  Another 5 five gallon jugs need to come off, and they will given time and effort and never giving up on myself, and knowing what I can do in the kitchen, with a diet that works for me.

I am a five gallon jug lighter!  That is fucking Awesome!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment