Tuesday, February 24, 2015

100 Days.....




Look at it, below, that should say it all, but it doesn't.  It isn't even close.  That is my current streak on MyfitnessPal, which shows what I have eaten every day for the last 100 days, and that I have been doing Paleo for 100 days.  42 pounds are gone and never coming back.  AFIB was entered into, and is gone and I am taking care of my BP and my heart better than I ever have.  100 days!  I can't believe I actually hit this milestone.  I just can't, but to understand that you have to go back to November.  Back to the first day I unpacked that first box of Pre-Made Paleo.



When I signed up for Pre-made paleo, I was at my wits end.  I was strung out out on fast food and sugar.  I saw no real way out.  I was depressed and scared because I knew if that I didn't do something new, then I would not be around for very much longer.

I watched a couple of movies Food Matters and The Perfect Human Diet and they talked about a Paleo diet.  My roommate at the time had spoken of Paleo Diets, and I found myself saying to myself maybe I should give it a try.  However, I just don't have time to cook for myself.  So, I order pre-made paleo.

I will never forget how depressed I was when this huge box of food and started to put food into the fridge. I was like it has come to this, I am a freak. I have to eat these special meals.  I am fucking freak and I have totally ruined my life.  I am not sure why I was so depressed, but I was.  I just felt so strange and discouraged.

As I looked at the food and started to eat things like chili, pulled pork, and beef burgers from Pre-made Paleo, I started to think not only can I do this myself, but it will taste better too.  So, one weekend I got the crock pot out and started to try to do it myself:



And my life changed.  And I kept doing it:


and Kept trying different things:  16 hour pull biggie




And I just kept learning and trying new things:


Ommies:


Chili's:

Fajitas:


Boobs:


Dips:

Pancakes:


Pizza's:


Tortilla's:

And Crepes:



It really freaks me out! That I have changed so much and how much I love cooking!!!! How into taking care of myself I am.  That I am so committed and happy with my progress.  That I keep cooking every day and trying new and bolder things.  I read labels.  I try to do paleo 100%.  I am not alway so good, but damn it I do try!!!! And I try HARD!  My life is changing. My priorities have changed.

100 days and it is just the beginning.  It is the start of something special and something great!  It is my life and it isn't what it was before.  This is a new life for a new me.  My tower is on the horizon.  My life has begun again new.  The wheel of Ka propels me forward!!!  I can do this!  I will do this! I am doing this.

I was in the hot tub the other day after a long swim.  I was alone in the hot tub,  I was stretching and watching the other swimmers in the pool.  I was thinking about going home and cooking.  I was thinking about not eating bullshit anymore.  And that is when the voice in the front part the right side of my brain asked a question "Are we really going to do this?"

I sat there and started grinning like a goon, sliding back and forth in my stretches.  The voice from the back side the the left part of my brain, the one who normally talks like a brit answered "Doing what?"

The front right side said answered what I already knew "Making our dreams come true!"

and I sat there and I looked into the sky and smiled and knew that is exactly what I was doing, making my dreams come true!!!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment