Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Fajitas Día de los Presidentes

 
I have not luck with my crocket pot and beef.  I have over cooked everything.  It has been tough and dry.  Every roast I have tried, I have failed miserably.  However, I am noting if not persistent.  So, on my Monday off for the celebration of our President's, I decided to make "Fajitas Día de los Presidentes" or Presidents Day Fajitas!  Yes, I am on a bit of a fajita kick ever since I learned how to make Paleo Tortillas.
 
So, we start with dicing an onion.  I figured I had never used my food processor to chop and dice.  so why not give it a try and start with an onion.  

 
So we chopped the thing in to pieces that would fit in the feeder. 


And we feed the food processor. 


And we diced and chopped.


And well we ended up with a runny mess of what used to be onions.  I over processed :(  Thank god I had a back up plan for onions, thanks TJ's for your pre-chopped onions. 


Then it was time for the peppers.  I have actually started to enjoy peppers a little more these days.  Shhhh, don't tell anyone that. 


so, I put them in to the feeder and let the processor work for me.


Hmm, not to bad, but probably over chopped a bit. 


Then it jalapeno time!


I think I did ok with the jalapenos?  However, next time I think I will just knife them all. 



Get out the trusty crock pot!


Get out the stuff for a rub.



Look at my nuts soaking to be turned into cheese later. 


Back to the rub.  Some Black Pepper!


Chili Powder.


Cumin.



Onion Powder.


Garlic Powder.



Cayenee pepper it called for 1/8, I went 1/4, I like it hot!



Then we stir it all up!


Looks good!


Get out our meat!


That's some nice meat!

 
 


We rub out meat!  I always get my hands all dirty when I rub my meat. 


Flip it and tube it some more!



Put it in the crock pot and let it cook for 9 hours....


It was so tender I had trouble getting it out after 9 hours. 


It shredded super easy!



And bam, steak is ready! IT is really more of a shredded beef than fajitas and it is really really tasty, can't wait to have it tonight with some sour cream paleo style and some tortillas!





No comments:

Post a Comment