Saturday, February 7, 2015

I am going down, down, down, even if it's just a pound!


The Kid is Smiling because he is down another Pound! 

I reveal in my failure and I am trying really hard to learn to celebrate each win, and each pound dropped.  Yes, it is coming off slowly, but slow is good.  It means that I am taking it off the right way.      It is funny after I weighed I found myself driving to the dry cleaner, singing to myself a variation of an old Johnny Cash Song.

"I am going down, down, down, even if it's just a pound!  I am going down, down, down, even if it's just a pound!  I am going down, down, down, even if it's just a pound!"  To the tune of Ring of Fire.  I tried to add in other lyrics, but then I realized I didn't know any other words to the song, so I just stuck with the chorus.

What a weird week.  Really. I worked from home of three days, which was nice.  I freaked myself out big time.  Then, I started to relax and Friday was, just nice.  Also, I swam again!!!!  It was awesome, I cranked out 1,000 meters or was it yards, I will call it mards since I don't know. Then it was capped off with a good weigh in this a.m.; which I wasn't sure was going to happen, but I was so stoked that it did!!!

I am still trying to figure out what I am going to do this week for meals and food.  Breakfast is easy, I will do some sort of smoothie.  Lunch is the meal that is hard.  Dinner well, we can improvise.  I cooked dinner every night last week.  Which was easy.  I even made pizza's three nights in a row, I know, I over pizza'ing.  I promise I am going to cut back, it is just when I am stressed it gave me something to do and loose myself in.  Its is funny how cooking is becoming a release for me.  It's good stuff.  It is better than just sitting on the couch and forcing down the fast food, and the pizza, well I mean like dominos and real pizza, not the almond crust pizza I am mastering.

so, I am need to spend some time searching for easy meals to do this week for dinner, however, the still leaves lunch.  Well, I have some paleo bread so why not make a few almond butter, banana sandwiches and add banana.  That could be nice, maybe a spot of honey?  That could work.  Get some carrots for the side perhaps.  I could also get some ham or something and make some other sandwiches and thus use the bread I bought, all 12 dollars worth of it.  That is right, I spent 12 bones on paleo bread at Whole Foods.  Worth it?  IT's debatable.  However, it did come up huge yesterday afternoon when I was working from home and I needed to whip up a quick lunch.

I have no idea why the idea of french toast hit me, but it did, and I was convinced I could find an easy paleo recipe and I did!

So we start with big green:



Add in some eggs, almond milk, cinnamon and I don't recall if there was anything else.


A little vanilla extract.

Then I beat the shit out of it!


Till we have something that looks like french toast batter.  Or at least we hope it does.



Here is my 12 dollar bread.  Look at it in all its glory.


It is actually pretty tasty bread.


I dipped it and dunked it.


I cooked it in a pan.



I had my first kitchen accident yesterday, I burned my finger :(  see the handle there it was loose, and some dumb ass thought he could tighten it while he was cooking, guess who that was.  Thank god I have ninja reflexes and was able to move it speedy fast and only get a little burn.


Looking pretty good!



Well, Ok, maybe it doesn't look so great, but it did taste pretty good. I think it could have been a bit sweeter, so maybe I will add some honey next time, or agave nectar.  Overall, I was pleased.  And I did something new!  Which made me happy!



I am glad it is Saturday and the rains have broke for a bit and the sun is shining.

oh here are pizza's the last two nights:


Both made with vegan cheese, which isn't exactly paleo and has a shit ton of calories.  I am thinking about trying to make an almond cheese of my own and perhaps I will also make an almond cream cheese if the mood strikes me but that is for another time and day.

Oh ya, I was going to make Tortilla's today and fajitas, because I love eating me some Mexican, I almost for got, the tortillas seem to be really simple and I make a nice fajita.  So, maybe that is what I will do with my afternoon.  hmmm....  or I could nap.  mmm nap.

Anyway Happy Day!!!!

P.s. When I loose two more pounds, I will be the lightest I have been since 2013!  Can you fucking believe that?  I checked with weight watchers today, and that is my lowest point in the few years.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment