Thursday, May 28, 2015

RESET Challenge: Day 9 - Crispy Pig



I think I have already said that the 16 hour nom nom paleo pig might be the most important thing that has happened to me in the last 12 months.  If it isn't, it should have been.  I love that stuff.  I really do.  However last night on the way I realized that I didn't want to eat just pulled pig plan.  It just didn't sound interesting to me.  I have started to learn that I need to be interested in my food to eat it and enjoy.  Well not only that but also excited about it.  If I am not excited about what I am going to eat then I just, well will eat something that I am excited about.  Which is strange, I am trying really hard to teach myself food is only fuel, yet for some reason in my mind I won't eat said fuel because I want it to taste good. Hmmm... So I was driving home and I was look dude you can't eat sugar, you can't eat grain, you can't eat dairy, you can't eat anything but real whole foods and you dumb ass you have 2 lbs of pulled pig that is fucking awesome at home.  So you really should go home and eat that.  Now in the past I have pizza'ed up my pig with a little pineapple and almond crust.  I have put it in the BBQ sauce.  I have made piggy tacos.  And I could go on and on.  None of these really spoke to me last night.  None of them really said, ya, lets eat this shit up.

So, I was driving along and suddenly, I started thinking about CARNITAS.  This lead me to thinking about burritos.  It also made me think about the yummy salsa I had in the fridge.  The tasty jalapenos on the shelf.  There was a brief struggle with do I really want to eat another paleo tortilla.  I mean they are paleo but they aren't really a whole food.  So this has been something I have been thinking about a lot lately.  I hate the idea of giving up my tortillas and pizza crusts and just eating whole foods. However, that is a topic for another day and another time.  Anyway I decided fuck yes, I wanted another tortilla and I wanted to make CARNITAS.  I mean you use pig in CARNITAS RIGHT?  Then as I was driving home, I realized, I don't know how to make CARNITAS.   I certainly wasn't sure if I could make it from already cooked piggy.  So.... I decided I would make something like CARNITAS (Which I still don't know how to make but think a project might be coming up soon to make one) and that something would be Crispy Pig! (picture above).

How does one make Crispy Pig, well first they put some melted coconut oil in the big pan.  Then they add in some tasty pulled piggy.  Then they add some bacon crumbles.  Yes, I added bacon crumbles.   Why you say?  Because bacon is fucking good and I had it.  Then I mixed in some onions.  Then El Beav who just happened to be stopping by to drop me off a warriors shirt which is pretty bad ass, told me I should add some jalapenos.  So we did ,and we cooked the hell out of that pig and we got a very, very tasty burrito filling. 


So I started with my tortilla:

 
Added Pig:
 
Added Salsa and Avocado (which was fucking yummy):
 
 
 
Then I wrapped that shit up and I ate and it was awesome!!!!!
 

The RESET Challenge is rocking on.  21 more days after today and we are going strong.  I have walked every day on the challenge for at least 25 minutes.  I have been logging my food. 
 
 I am 9 days removed from the Coffee. 
 
I have not had any fruit or sugar in that time. 
 
I feel great even know I am buried at work, and I am excited to keep up the good fight. 
 
However, I still have not been eating enough veggies.  but, each day I get a few more in. I am starting to enjoy peppers... and I have some ideas from our fearless RESET leader Chrissy on how to get more greens in. 
 
So you know over all things are on the upward trend.  I have two more people tell me I am shrinking at work and doesn't that just make my fucking day, it does really.  I don't really see a difference, I feel one in my pants and in my mood.  So, we will take the victories where we can get them. 
 
Guess what tomorrow is FRIDAY!!!! And that isn't to fucking shabby at all!  Have a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment