Sunday, May 24, 2015

RESET Challenge: Day 5 - My Buns!

 
 
Day 4 finished good and Day 5 is off to a good start.  How could it not, it is the Indianapolis 500 Day, the 99th Running.  I will be back next year for the 100th Running.  Get Ready Indy and Poog and Ding, it is on! Hopefully the curse will be broken.  I was going to go this year, but I didn't meet my goal of 100 lbs down, however, I am on well hell of a good run at it though, we are getting there.
 
 
I really had a hankering for a burger with a bun yesterday.  Which, I know what you are thinking how are you going to do that when you only are eating whole foods and no sugar.  I modified a recipe I found online from Cassidyscraveablecreations.com: 
 
 
I pretty much used everything but the honey and the sesame seeds....

 


Mixed up some almond and tapioca flower



Whisked together a couple of eggs and apple cider vinegar.


Stir the two together.


Grease up a pan.



Get yourself a nice bun batter.

Then you make three bun balls.


While they are baking you decide to make a little homemade ketchup.


In my blender. 



Have a look at the buns and they look not to bad. 



Try to mix the ketchup in your blender but your realize the blender you got sucks donkey dicks and won't blend anything.


So I put it in a bowl and beat the hell out of it with my mixer. 



And then there was sugar free homemade ketchup.


Buns came out looking good.  And sliced up pretty good. 


Burgers grilled up nicely.


Add a little relish.



Some mustard.


Some home ketchup.


And then we had a very nice burger =)



No comments:

Post a Comment