Sunday, March 15, 2015

Paradise Report Day 8: Last Day Full Day in Paradise




I woke up to paradise in paradise, I was met with blue skies and the sun that was just as warm as warm can be.  The biggest problem with coming to paradise is that sooner or later you are going to have to leave paradise and I thought about that a little bit on the ay to breakfast this a.m.  However, I didn't dwell on it.  No reason to be a Debby downer on the full day in paradise is there.

I at breakfast and read.  I turned down a couple of offers to join folks for breakfast b/c I was tired, really tired from the big wave beating I took the day before and I had my Stephen King book with me and it is the first time I left the room without my phone, so I really wanted to be alone and get lost in the world of Mr Mercedes. 

I think I finished breakfast around 9:30 or so, came back posted my blog, and headed beach side.  I laid down and jus stared up into the beautiful blue sky.

 
I fucking love it here.  It is really pretty.  I think this is my most favorite stop on the islands so far.  I the private cove, the hotel, the sunsets, the lawn.  All of it was just so awesome! 

After laying around and reading a few chapters of my book.  I decided to put out a call to the wave riders crew.  The swells were bigger today than yesterday and it looked like a heck of a lot of fun to be out there. 

We Wave Riders are the elite, the best of the best.  Wave Rider Orca (me), Wave Rider Meat (Cory, b/c he is a bit of a fitness nut), Wave Rider Buckeye (Jamie is a OSU fan), and Wave Rider Phoenix (Kyle because he is from Phoenix).  I know it is really originally right, I worked really hard coming up with that.  Spent a hole 3o seconds on it.  Around 1:30 the team met up and got our boggy boards, and met Wave Rider "The Stranger" (Greg, and it is a long story) on the way to the waves.

I got a board but a board to me is useless.  I mean it just isn't fun for me b/c of my size.  However, that is something to take not of, and a future goal.  Damn it I will boggy board.  I will.  So, I scarped the board and handed it of to Wave Rider Tiger (Ryan S who played golf at Clemson and they are the tigers.  See there is a science to this).  We played in the waves for an hour and a half today.  It was really rough today.  I got beat around pretty bad and 1.5 hours was enough for me today.  Plus the sun was frying me.  All and all I got a good 5 to 6 hours of straight sun today and I was already burned.  So, I said, lets go back and chill. I laid around for an hour and headed back to the room to shower and clean up.  I am going to spend 5 to 6 getting things ready for tomorrow a.m.'s mad dash to the air port.  Nervous flyer here and I will want to get there early, especially, since I have the rental car, which I had forgotten about until I saw the keys on the desk today.

I snapped few last pictures of paradise on my way in... the awards dinner is tonight.  It is aloha formal, long pants and a Hawaiian shirt, I hope, what I have is ok. 



 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment