Thursday, March 12, 2015

Paradise Report Day 5: Mauna Kea Beach Hotel

 
Mauna Kea Bay is gorgeous.  I moved hotels yesterday and as much as I loved the Marriot, I to love the Mauna Kea Bay!  The minute I walked in an looked out back the Cove was calling for me to come home. 



Everything about that cove just said, come on Billy b, come to us! 

And all the sceneries an views were kick ass!




However for me it was the water, that caught and kept my eye.  I mean it just went on for ever and people where out and about frolicking in it.  Paddling boarding.  Wave diving.  Skin surfing.  The Bay gives off this peaceful serenity.  I was in love at first site. 


The Mauna Kea Beach Hotel is celebrating its 50th anniversary this year and we are lucky to be here and be a part of it!!! I tried to take a picture of the time line, but I failed.  I am but a humble accountant not a photographer. 



The hotel is very unique in its design.  And o course I was put on the very far end away from everything, just like in the office.  the CEO thinks I am to loud, and you know what he is right. 



A little peak at the pool.  I knew sooner or later, I would be taking a little dip in there. 

 
 
Into the room we go!
 

 



Nice big bed....


Ocean access directly from the room, you just have to go by those trees... it is pretty freaking easy access. 


Nice work station. I do freaking love this thing.  I was thinking I could use one of these at home.



Oh and a mini bar!  Thank god it isn't stocked, b/c we know sooner or later I would get into that shit. 


More bed.... I don't know why, I do know they have turn down service here, b/c I couldn't figure out how the fuck the pillows got off the bed last night. 



From the Balcony =) or the patio, I guess outside my room!


 Look I am on TV!!!!!   The TV is hidden in the desk work station.  I really do like that.


A little snacky snack for me.  I ate the bread.  It has been hard to be perfect, I am probably running 70%.  So many good foods.  Thank god last night we had gluten free options for dessert.  Its not paleo but close.



And Well, I think that is pretty breath taking =)


Overall, trip is going good.  I am having a good time.  Getting ready to go swim and frolic in the little sun we have today. I wish I was better on my food.  Really I do. 75% isn't bad, but it could be better.  I was targeting 80%.  I know I am making a lot choices I wouldn't make at home b/c I have that, I am on the island voice and you know you won't do this at home, but I do get scared that I can't get back to a clean diet when I get home.  But I will.  I have to, it is so much easier when you don't have to make decisions.  I will get better at it.  I just have to remember I never want to feel like I did 3 months ago.  I never want to be that big again.  My size now well still big is ok, and manageable, but not who I want to be either and to get to the end of this road, I have to make good choices.

ok, I am going to go try to talk myself to swimming in that water again....  Aloha!

No comments:

Post a Comment