Monday, March 9, 2015

Paradise Report: Day 2 - The Ole Lomi Lomi....



What do you do when it rains in paradise?  Is it still paradise?  When your only plan is to rest and relax and do little to nothing else planned but sit next to the pool?    

well, I'll tell you.  You get a massage and you relax however you can.  So, that is exactly what I did!

First I called the spa and after I got over the shock of the cost of an 80 minute massage you book your appointment.  Because your gonna get the massage no matter what the cost, that decision was made when the rains came.  Then you say fuck it and you take a little nap.  Nothing wrong with an hour long vacation nap, is there?  Some say "SI!" Some say "NO!"  

You go to the spa 40 minutes early, because you want to give yourself plenty of time.  After all you didn't come to the spa without the intention of taking a steam.  Did you?  Well of course not.  So you check in and hit the locker room.  You have to yourself.  You choose locker 21 in honor of RBR racing.  You trade your flip flops for the spa ones but you do know why, you do that.  Then you strip and you march over to the steam room grabbing a towel I root and you have that to yourself too.  So you go in lay out your towel and take a steam!  

15 minutes later and some deep relaxing breathes you figure you should shower up for your lomi lomi.  It's your 2nd shower is the day but you don't mind.  You choose the handicap for space.  It's huge and has a chair in it.  You take a nice long cool shower.  You turn and look at the door and you see hand prints.  Not in the steam but the type you see when someone done a piss pore job of washing the glass.  The type doc burkle wouldn't stand for when washing cars.  However it isn't memories of car washing that grabs the eye of your mind.  It's something else.  It's your crafty minds eye putting together something deeper and darker, but what you don't know yet.  Something... something?

You finish the shower and head to get your robe out of ole 21, but there isn't a robe, so you steal one from 15.  It was dealers choice when coming so which one I pick matters and take matters not.  

I put the robe on and it fits.  This is strange because normally they don't. Something must be wrong.  Then the you down and realize your stomach and boys aren't covered at all and are out for the entire world to see.  Hmm...  So you get back into ole 22 and pull on your shorts... Why not.  You don't fit in the robe so you have to improvise.  You think nothing of it until your in the waiting room and your realize its co-Ed and just because your the only dude doesn't mean there aren't chicas.  So here comes the shame again.  You can't fit into a robe like normal people.  You feel conscious but you say fuck in here to relax.  So that is what you will do.  You think about the hand prints again and your steam.  It was a nice steam.  

That is when Leilani comes to get your for the ole Lomi Lomi.  The message is good.  Not great, it's not dead and hard enough for it to be great.  You like a lot of pressure and the the LL just isn't that.  It's good nice and Leilani is a trip.  She talks to me aa out other worlds.  She talks to me about government hidden secret teleportation.  She tells me about how it's very possible the missing planes in Asia might have crossed over into another universe.  I love it because of love me a good govt. conspiracy.   I also love the multi-verse.  After all there are other worlds than these gunslinger, there are other worlds than these ;-). She spoke of the spirit being stuck in the human body and I was like that sounds about right!  I eat that shit up because I am on board with that.  I do think our souls get trapped in this time and place to learn something, something we need to know, something we must learn.  This made the massage all the more enjoyable and even if I didn't love the ole lomi lomi, I did love my massage.  

After being rubbed head to toe with oil.  It was recommend by Leilani that I go have me a steam to clear my pores and I was thinking, yes because there is something about the steam.  

So I go and hit the steam.  I sit there and I'm looking out the door and I'm thinking about the hand prints from the other door.  Then I start think what exactly did I see in that steam.  I know the answer was nothing but I thought the concept might be cool.  What if, I had seen something in the steam.  Like a sent of faint hand prints.... What if they wanted to tell me something.   What if?  As I showered again I Kept thinking what a cool concept it would be to have this man meet or see something in the steam and then see the hands, and perhaps the hands want to show you something and your think about describing the man head to toe in the steam with every pore oozes sweat and seeing something terrible but trying to convince himself there was nothing there when there actually was and this is house ideas and stories are born perhaps... 

And that was pretty much my 2nd day in paradise.  Add in a burger and sweet tatter dies at an Italian restaurant for dinner.  A little shopping and watching the new Robocop and you have your day :-)

It's actually harder to eat paleo on the road than I thought because temptation is everywhere!  You can't avoid it.  It is literally, every where!  I ate cheesecake last night ok!  But it's ok.  I'll do better today, already have. Going for sushi tonight!  Very excited!


No comments:

Post a Comment